Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

WalMart and tires - lifetime balance

Discussion in 'Exploring everything under the sun!!' started by xj14y, July 11, 2012.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Tags:
  1. xj14y

xj14y New Member

City, State:
    Abbeville, LA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1996 XLT
    I just discovered this, like literally got home. If you bought tires from WalMart within the last year or so, they come with lifetime balancing included. I didn't know... I had a vibration in the front end, brought it in to get the tires looked at, and there was no charge. :D Though you have to remember that if I had to pay for it, it would only be like 30 bucks. And I am lucky, I know at least one of the guys who works automotive at my local store.

Say what you will about the evils of WalMart, lifetime balancing on truck tires is a mighty fine thing, especially given that most people are within 20 minutes of one.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. FIND

FIND Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Vermillion, SD
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    99 XLT V8 AWD
    Meh, now if only the tires they sold weren't complete junk that was going to wear out in half the time of the stuff you buy anywhere else while providing providing you less traction, and their "technicians" knew the first thing about what they were doing. Yes, I know they sell brands like goodyear and BF Goodrich, but, those manufacturers produce budget tires just for places like Wal-mart that are nowhere near the quality of their regular products.

When I was young, back when I couldn't find real work as a mechanic, I worked in a Wal-Mart tire and lube express. Aside from the fact that I had to show my supervisor how to do some stuff, one day, I got written up because another employee complained that I told them that they had to add oil before they started the engine. Apparently they felt I was overstepping my authority by telling them what to do and that they shouldn't have to do things my way because I wasn't the supervisor. My supervisor agreed. I quit.

I could tell you quite a few more stories about my 2 months there, but just think about what it means when a 20 year old quits a job because they feel that that job diminishes their professional credibility. Do yourself a favor and buy your tires from a good dealer next time. You would be supporting real businesses instead of an enormous corporate behemoth that is ruining the American way of life that way, plus, you can get all the benefits you get from buying from a bargain store. As long as Walmart gets all the business and runs other places out of business, everyone will get paid Walmart wages, which means we will only be able to afford to shop at Walmart, which costs more in the long term anyway when you consider the durability of the cheap junk you buy there.

Just a tip, I offered my customers lifetime balancing from my shop for any passenger or extended load tire (not light truck or truck tires), as do many other shops that sell tires.