Want a 1 or 2 inch lift, keeping it cheap though | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Want a 1 or 2 inch lift, keeping it cheap though

XxDeCiccoxX

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
"00 Eddie Bauer
I'm kinda new to all of this lifting stuff, but i have a stock 2000 explorer v8, Eddie Bauer, with a Mac intake, and i want to lift it 1 or 2 inches using the stock rims.
I've seen people say they used Shackles and TT. If someone could give me a place where i could buy these and lift my explorer I would be happy. I'm just looking for a 1 or 2 inch lift for my explorer, but keeping it cheap because with the gas and everything i wont have enough money haha, damn 5.0 V8, but its SOOO worth it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The shackles can be bought at PepBoys for around $20. The torsion twist is free. Use the search function on the Forum for the TT lift instructions. That will give you about 2" lift and allow 31" tires. The cheapest lift after that is a body lift.

use the search feature of this forum and start reading there are some options out there

I'm kinda new to all of this lifting stuff, but i have a stock 2000 explorer v8, Eddie Bauer, with a Mac intake, and i want to lift it 1 or 2 inches using the stock rims.
I've seen people say they used Shackles and TT. If someone could give me a place where i could buy these and lift my explorer I would be happy. I'm just looking for a 1 or 2 inch lift for my explorer, but keeping it cheap because with the gas and everything i wont have enough money haha, damn 5.0 V8, but its SOOO worth it!

Assuming you have a 2WD. You could probably get 1.5" out of the front torsion bars, and 2" in the rear out of the shackles.

I warn you though. Once you do that, then you will want front spindles and shocks. Then you will want gears, then you will want new upper arms, then you will want a long travel kit with fiberglass, front bumper, etc, etc.

I cant believe the can of worms I opened up by doing a spindle lift on my truck (33"s) lol

thanks guys, i searched it and found so many forums, and no i have the AWD so wht i have been reading i can lift it up to 2 inches which is good enough for me.

Back