Want to add navigation to 2014 Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Want to add navigation to 2014 Limited

brkncly

Reaction score
City, State
Central Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Limited
One thing I wish we had on out 2014 Limited was navigation. Was wondering what the options, cost to add navigation to the stock head unit that only displays a compass right now. Any help or advice would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cheaper and easier to use your phone, or a stand alone GPS unit.

You can add factory navigation to your head unit for about $75 using forscan. Pretty easy to do. All you need to buy is the obd scanner and newest maps on sd card. There are a couple files you need to download to usb and install. I had it installed within 30 mins and works great.

You can add factory navigation to your head unit for about $75 using forscan. Pretty easy to do. All you need to buy is the obd scanner and newest maps on sd card. There are a couple files you need to download to usb and install. I had it installed within 30 mins and works great.

greylimit is right on the money. there are however, other approaches that may or may not be cheaper/easier. There are relatively inexpensive chinese made head units (not necessarily bad mind you) that run android and are directly capable of using google maps with the attachment of a usb gps module (both are found all over ebay). Some people rate them very highly. This concept is what drove me to installing something similar into my ranger, but as I do not have the double DIN opening I had to be much more creative. Looking at the overall costs for the method I described above you'd be into it about 150$ but it's as simple as wiring in a harness adapter like you would for a normal car stereo upgrade and then plugging in the usb gps module which can sit on your dash or even on the roofline.

Can you tell what you did? I have 14 limited without nav. My wifey purchased a apmi with nav on it and I lost a lot of the things I liked " different lighting colors and rear ac controls". So I removed the apmi and placed my non-navi back into the whip. I also just downloaded the forscan to my laptop and my phone.

Thanks for your words of wisdom
Bearkiller

Hey, can you please put me through the process?

Same here. I need the help a also

Back