Want to buy some wheel spacers but don't know what would fit on my X | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Want to buy some wheel spacers but don't know what would fit on my X

Schralp

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer
Hey guys, I have a 1998 explorer, pretty much stock except for the new all terrain tires I just put on it. I want to put some spacers on to make my wheels stick out farther but I don't know what would fit. Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They're the stock 15 inch rims if that makes a difference

Your bolt pattern should be 5"x4.5", How far out do you want to go is really what depends after that. Please don't get cheap one though.

This guy knows his stuff, ignor anything about the powerstoke wheels, but listen when he specifically talks about the spacers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBWeQHZy_nw

I also believe our rims are LUG Centric

Are terr any downsides to putting in spacers? Is going to be hard on my vehicle to sit differently?

I know that is it much harder on the wheel bearings, since the wheel is pushed out more, and force put onto the wheel is multiplied on the bearing it's self. If you want to go out more, you may want to look into some new rims with a different offset.

Back