Warped Rotors And/Or....? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Warped Rotors And/Or....?

Hmmm. Interesting. I'm no scientist or mechanic, but it once again it just goes to show that when moving parts are involved, and then you start to have problems, it's usually a HEAT issue, because something is heating up and expanding and creating a friction problem somewhere. Well, I'm glad you finally got it figured out. Good Job!!! See you around here I guess. I have an '02 that I'll be keeping for a while, and you're right......it's ALWAYS something......

Btw, I'm getting an intermittant "high pitched squealing" sound from the front. Does that sound like it could be a front hub assembly going bad? Here's the thing. My AC went out, and before I could get it recharged, I had to drive around with the windows down to keep cool or at least cooler. That's when I began to notice it. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm braking, or turning, or just driving straight, at hwy speeds or backing up into my driveway, I hear this very high-pitched but rather faint squealing sound. Here's one more piece of info. I bought some aftermarket brushed alum rims a few years back. Well, they were really getting pitted bad, so a few weeks ago, I jacked up the car, pulled the rims/tires off, started sanding the wheels down with 220 grit and then 320 etc etc sandpaper and then put on a coat of wheel polish and put the tires/wheels back on. One by one. Took me 2 days. In any event, could that have anything to do with the squealing sound I'm hearing now ?? I've changed flats a million times, and I'm pretty good with knowing just how tight to tighten the lug nuts, but could that be part of the prob? Thanks for any info or suggestions. PS. no warping or thumping or vibrations or anything like that. Just this high pitched squeal.

Bad rotor

if you feel it in the seat then it is the rear, and if you feel it in the steringwheel it is in the front.:usa:

In the late 80s and early 90s ABS brakes could display the same pulsing - and actually kicked up the brake pedal - when it was pushed down hard and fast. Maybe ABS, or sub-assembly? Don't know - but my 96 Ex stock makes a noise - pup pup pup pup - lightly when accelerate, more pronounced when decelerating from 40-0. No tire wear, alignment and brakes are 100 % and no trans problems.

Back