Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. MikeCallery

MikeCallery Elite Explorer

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '11 XLT Tri-Coat
    I don't do a lot to my Ex, but had Kensun HID's on it for awhile and they worked well.

Today, however, I removed that POS battery Ford puts in, you know, that little bitty thing with 546cca and put in a PC1750 Odyssey at 950cca. I had heard excellent things on these batteries and felt it was worth the investment, though they are pricey.

I then pulled the Kensuns and went to The Retrofit Source. I like how TRS uses a relay harness to power the lights off the battery, another reason for my Odyssey, and hence, no flickering at startup and no one light on, one off, flip the switch back and forth again, bs.

I have not driven at night but that will happen shortly and I'll know if I really like them.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BMETFerg

BMETFerg New Member

City, State:
    Fairfield Township, OH
    2011 explorer xlt
    Where did you purchase your battery? Did you get a good deal?

4. MikeCallery

MikeCallery Elite Explorer

'11 XLT Tri-Coat
    I purchased direct from Odyssey at $281. I shopped and could not find a better price. I simply saved on local tax and got a freebe on shipping and handling.