Well guys, she was great while she lasted =( | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Well guys, she was great while she lasted =(

P

PIUtility

Looks like my '13 PIU is heading for the auction block in the sky. Got caught up in floods trying to evacuate Houston this weekend, and well, we didnt get very far. Poor girl still has about 4" of water pooled inside, waiting on the insurance adjuster. Really didnt need this right now, and just hoping I dont get taken to the cleaners over all this. Unfortunately I probably wont be back here, going something a little more robust and definitely higher off the ground.

Its been fun, but it looks like my poor girl's days are numbered.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Vehicles can be replaced. You can't be. It's unfortunate that you lost your PIU but you are still here.

Glad you made it out ok, even if your car didn't.

I saw a few 5th gen Explorers on CNN that were under or partially under water. In one case a family was camped out on top of a black one in their driveway.

Peter

Praying for all of you!!!

Very few stock vehicles are flood worthy. Usually insurance payouts are decent, I've always made out way better than the cars value. Good luck.

Back