Well I need some help with my HID fogs. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Well I need some help with my HID fogs.

I have a 95 explorer with a 2000 explorer sport front bumper, this required my fogs become H1 bulbs. Now i want HID fogs. So i did some research and found that 9006 type hid bulbs will perfectly fit in the fog light housing without modification (this is true.) Now i went to the local junkyard and picked up the wires for a 9006 bulb ( 1999 mercury mountaineer fog lights use 9006 bulbs so i pulled out their wires.) I removed my h1 wires and plugged up my new 9006 wires into the socket. The old 9006 bulb from the junk yard lit right up, i removed it and installed my kensun ballast ( brand new) and their 9006 hids. How when i went to turn it on, no light. I re did the wires on the other fog light, still no light. I emailed kensun and told them about my problem, they sent me new ballast and lights. I received them Thursday and i installed them. And still no light! What a surprise. The hid ballast is not turning on with my fogs, but it is with my headlights. I do not have any auto headlights or anything fancy like that. So i do not understand why its not turning on. Its like the Ballast isn't getting enough power to load the bulb on my fogs. So I returned to this amazing forum and post this noobish question. Right now i reverted to my H1 bulbs because they work perfectly. i read, other people used the 9006 bulbs in their fogs, but they spliced the fog wire. I just got one from the junkyard so splicing wouldn't required. Any form of help would be appreciated. Thank you guys!

The first thing that comes to mind is they are grounding out. Do you have a harness running from your battery? If not that could be the issue. If so, check the grounds.

Try flipping the wires going into the ballast around. it may only "clip" in one way, but with the cheap Kensun and other HID kits in my experience, their Quality Control lacks and sometimes they mess up the orientation in that plug.

Flip er around and give it a try. let us know it it works out

Back