what about us est coast guys | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

what about us est coast guys

W

wildman

Hey thats all well and good that you guys are setting up a trail ride but, what about us on the east coast ? For one I have the only lifted explorer in North East Florida that I know of . you should see the looks I get . Anyway we need to set up a trail ride over here . What do you guys say . I can't just up and drive across the US to meet up with you guys . Lets get something going in NC or maybe if there is anybody in Fl we could set up somthing down here . It's times like this I wish I lived on th west coast . Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey wildman,
I agree I live in N.C. Unfortunatly my Explorer is actually my wifes.She has agreed to let me install a 4"lift and headers.If any one knows of some good trails around central N.C. please let me know.Of course they can't be to rough since this is her daily driver.I hope to get my own Explore in a year or so. Then there will only be one limitation....... money.

It wouldn't take much for a trail ride on the east coast . Just a couple of explorers and we are ready to go . But for now I get to pull out Dead Link Removed I mean go trail riding with a bunch of chevys Dead Link Removed

I will be out East till August and I am always looking for wheelin buddies. The only places I know of the wheel out here(I've only been out here since January) are the Poconos and Paragon off-road park. Paragon sounds like it is the best shot. It is in Eastern PA and is 15000 privatly owned acres (read---completely legal). I don't know of any other places but I am willing to travel. If the guys on the west coast do thiers in August and we do one sometime before that I might be able to make it to both of em.

------------------
HIX

I live outside of Atlanta, and there are plenty of places to go trail riding around here. Maybe we should have a west coast and an east coast ride.

Any takers?

------------------
Scott
sjbosso@mindspring.com

I have heard of a few good places in central Florida. One of the syaye parks I think has trails. My Explorer isnt ready yet but the Bronco is. I'll get back to you guys if I can get some more info.

We could always try the land between the lakes. This looks like it will be a good place to try. I heard about it from one of the guys on this board. I got some info on this sent to me from the Kentucky state parks and it looks like alot of fun. It is located in south western Kentucky close to Tenn. The prices are like $15 for 3 days or $25 for a week. I can double check this at home with the info I got. Sometime in August would be good.
Hope this helps.
ChrisW

I'm game for a trail run in central NC. My truck is stock (for now) so take that into consideration.

Email me if anything develops. I am new here, so I don't know of any places to trail run.

NCOddBob

------------------
92 XLT
http://nuteknet.com/blaforce
http://nuteknet.com/blaforce/pix/mytruck.jpg

Hi Jarred,
I,m going to be in central Florida the end of April.I know of some small sand trails in Deltona.Mabye you can send me some info on more.By the way I'm open to a ride on the east coast.They're four of us were I work that own Explorers.

How about Tellico (East Tenn.)? Real awesome trail and some others near by in the Smokies. I might even come all the way from NM for that run.

I ride Tellico several times a year. Actually, the ORV park is in western North Carolina, not Tennessee. Seems Tennesse has something against off road vehicle traffic (we are trying to change this)

It's not very often you see a daily-driver on the trails. Most are modified-so-much-the-only-part-that-is-Jeep-is-the-body-tub vehicles. Of course, every once in a while an 8 foot wide Hummer will try the 7 foot wide trails. The trees and rocks win every time....

------------------
Scott
sjbosso@mindspring.com

hey guys i live in coastal NC i was hoping as i read further that someone else was gonna mention Tellico. i was thinking we ought to try for something later in the year out there maybe we can us the lower rated trails for the stockers, slightly modifieds , the bigger dogs can roll out the tougher trails, wil-man 2 where are you in central? havent you heard of the uhwarrie national forest? lots of trails there not as many as tellico but closer to home for you. i live in the Croatan National forest and am working with the usfs to get recognition and respect by helping out with road cleanups and trail cleaning, rebuilding and reclaimation. we gotta all pitch in to keep this stuff going - if we do we can get their cooperation for a big organized explorer run, cool idea?....

Kyle, We have been taking about having another east coast run in September. That gives us all enough time to get the vacation as well as get our trucks geared up a little more. I was originally thinking of Turkey Bay in Southern Kentucky but I have just seen a little info on Tellico and it sounds like it would be alot nicer. I am having trouble finding info on it as far as camping and maps and the such. All the web sites that have info just have pictures and stories but no hard info about Tellico itself. If you know where I can get some good info in Tellico please post it here to this thread or we can start a new one to see how many guys we can get to go like we have done with the Paragon Run.
Thanks in advance.
ChrisW

P.S. We can try for the weekend of Sept. 11th and 12th.

Kyle K.
I live in Sophia it is between High Point,and
Asheboro. I have heard of Uwharrie.I'm open for Tellico if there are trails for stockers.
My wife would not be thrilled about getting rock scrapes and dings.If enough people want to do the run let me know.

Back