What are some of the mods you are working on? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What are some of the mods you are working on?

winter project..........SFA

gotta get through this damn wedding project first

Robb

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My project list keeps updating... Im looking into getting a manual t-case for my truck this weekend.

Josh i took the GPS out yesterday to see how much i was off by and it is only 2 MPH so i'm going to leave it. I thought it would be WAY off but it wasn;t for some reason. How accuret are GPS's speedometers?

Hey Namitey, what T-case are u looking for?? I want a manual one too, but an Atlas II is beyond my limits for now...

Im getting a manual Borg Warner 1354 transfer case out of a ranger.

My project is to cut in the front in order to fit 33s with only 3 inchs of lift.

I need my friend to help me fix my front bumper. As soon as that's taken care of, I'm getting:

31" BFG All-Terrains
Bilstein 5100 shocks
Daystar poly-bushings

Hopefully that will be taken care of soon

Dual-red tops

Just wonding how that will work. I have one red-top and mesured to see if a second would fit. Looks like I'd either have to move the ABS/brake crap or cut into the body.

well as i said i was not going to change the speedometer, well after finding out it was only a $6.83 part i said WTH and did it. Took the GPS out again w/ it and everything worked and now i'm 3 MPH over the actuall speed and thats darn good i think. I must have been wrong about the 2MPH off above b/c i surly wasn't moving w/ traffic the past few days. lol. all fixed now

Yeah, it's hard to tell exactly how fast you are going. GPS is pretty darn close most of the time, but it's never perfect.

Happy trails!!

Short Term:
33"s, 4.56's, and Perry's Glass up front.

Long Term:
Atlas II and Superlift.

hehe I am going to work on modding my belly...

I know longer want it to :bounce:.

Couldn't resist..you never said what kind of mods in the thread title...

Dave :D

Well i finally got my air tanks welded together and painted and all the pluming for the 2 tanks. I think it turned out great. I've got a guage where the air goes in and a regulator with a guage for my working air line. I've got 130 PSI in it right now and it isn't leaking a bit. The little compressor takes a while to build up 130 PSI but it will perfect when i have to use it. I'm going to wire in a switch for the power on the compressor cause as of right now i have to take that little panel off to turn it on, but i'll get that tomorrow. Let me know what you think.

Happy trails!!

Attachments

• im000756.jpg
    im000756.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 189

Looks good, but I wonder how safe it is to have the tanks inside the vehicle. If they would rupture, while wheeling, it could be very hazardous to anyonein the vehicle. Keep us posted as to how it holds up.:eek:

These tanks won't rupture. They are old O2 tanks from a medical supplier and they were used to hold 2000 PSI of O2. I don't think a measly 130 PSI of air will hurt, at least i hope not ;)

The fittings i bought from an Oil and Gas field supplier that my dad works for and they are rated for way over 130. So i think i'm in good shape, but i will let you know how it works when i get to use it.

Happy trails!!

JoshC: What compressor are you running?? or just with the tanks you're done??

I've got a Vaiair compressor. I think that's how it is spelled. It is there 100 series hard mount. I really like it. It was only $97. As much as i will use it it will be worth it. Couldn't justify spening a bunch on it.

Happy trails!!

-Install OME shocks all around
-Install Mac Cold Air Intake
-Install Flowmaster Exhaust System
-Install ARB air locker
-Install ARB air compressor
-Install 4.56 Genuine Gears
-Install Overhead Console
-Install Center Console
-Install Cross Bars for the useless 2001 ExpSport roof rack
-Install Amplifier
-Install Subwoofer box
-Install Aluminum Tool Box in rear
-Install Custom Front Skid Plate attached to Safari Bar
-Remount Westin Safari Bar (it sticks out too far with my custom mount and it vibrates, done after the body lift)
-Get an Alignment
-Recalibrate Spedomoter / Odometer
-Trim more off of the fender area
-Clean and wax my car
-Remember to go to class
-Remember to stop working on car when girlfriend arrives...

Thanks, this helped me place all my plans on electronic paper finally . After 2 years, many arguments with me lady, and an extra $3000, I'll finally be done.

oops

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I just got mine but my projects are;

1) Euro Tail Lights
2) Billet Grill
3) Clear Corners
4) Indiglow Gauges
5) Stripped Emblems, Pin Stripe,Rear Wiper Blade, Rack
6) Explorer X decals
7) 2 inch drop
8) 17-18 inch rims
9) Window Tent
10) Bottom painted to match
11) Interior
12)System
13) Performance

Damn i gotta lot to do. Well christmas will X of some of these. Alot of these.

Back