What controls the seat warmers ?

Explorer_PL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Rockland County, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
06EB V8
Since the cold temperatures arrived here on the East coast (20 this morning in NY), it was time to turn on the seat warmers. The passenger side works very well. The driver side - the light stays on the switch, but the seat does not warm up, and then suddenly it will a little, then stop again.
I am not sure if the heating element is bad, or I have some connection issue ?
Anybody fixed those before ?

I don’t have any experience fixing them, but I agree it sounds like a bad connection. Have you tried moving the seat forward or back a few inches from your normal spot to see if that makes a difference as the harness takes a different position. Keep in mind, the heating pads themselves can develop a break in the fine wire grid, which can cause an intermittent connection as u move in the seat.

Like yours, the drivers seat heater crapped out on mine a couple of years ago: passenger side works ok.

The switch has a built-in relay that supplies power directly to a 2 pin connector on the underside of the seat bottom heater. One wire is power in (yellow w/ blue stripe) other wire is power out (grey w/ violet stripe) to seat back heater. The connector to the seat back with the grey with violet stripe wire will also have a black wire (ground) that completes the circuit
In short, probe the coloured wires for power. And also the ground wire for continuity.

Back