What Did You Do To Your 3rd Gen Today? | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What Did You Do To Your 3rd Gen Today?

Agreed can’t figure out if it has to do with recent t case and trans rebuild or is new issue

But don’t like idea can’t go they mud puddles

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I gave it some fresh oil, new oil filter, new air filter, and rotated the tires. It's one happy Explorer now.

I love threads that share ideas, tips, inspire, and keep other members motivated, so I love threads like this!:D

Let's keep each other going! Share what you've been doing to your 3rd gen, no matter how big or how small. Did you rebuild your engine with nothing but a screwdriver and a Chihuahua? Post up, Son! Did you change your wiper blades? Heck, tell us what you bought, why, and where you got 'em.

We've gotta keep our "aging" rigs on the road, and a little help can go a long way. I've picked up a lot from this forum and look forward to seeing what everyone is up to!:thumbsup:

WELL, I’m new here, don’t know how active this thread is or isn’t, but yesterday, I replaced my Transmission filter, fairly easy job and my truck now shifts smoother, and even the shifting points seem more like they should be.
I’m always tinkering with this thing, so if I remember, I will become a regular member here on the forums.

Oh, what sucks, is while under the truck, I found out my lower ball joints on the passenger side are blown, I just replaced both sets, driver and passenger, right at 7k miles ago, with moog parts, I’m a little pissed off at the city of Abilene Texas today for having such ****ty roads. Cause I might drive like a bat out of hell on the interstate, but I baby my truck around town, unless I’m wanting to beat a mustang off the line at a red light.

New thermostat - Wouldn't ever go above 180* in winter
New coil for cyl #8. - Nice BWD Made in Poland. Quality part, low price, and back to running smooth. Dunno what the hype is about accel as they're just a cheap chinese coil painted yellow and marked up big time..

Now that coil #8 is good and CEL gone, it's time for a NY inspection... (whoo)

The key fob, cruise control, and radio quit. I traced them all back to the central fuse block, then decided not to repair them.
I also thought about cutting a hole in the floor and fixing that intermittent fuel gauge problem.
Hey, it's August in Florida. You can work up a sweat here by merely thinking about work.

Updated to 18” wheels from late model. 2005 had 60 lbs heavy and that was with nearly bald tires
New aftermarket TPMS to rid the leaky ford TPMS

Notable ride difference with bfg adv ta

Attachments

• DAA97855-0439-4FD2-A12E-AF0D59835954.jpeg
    DAA97855-0439-4FD2-A12E-AF0D59835954.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 75

Back