What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 48 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

I'd like to hear the sound of that bad boy when you're done.

Any guess what wheel hp will be after the mods are complete?

@way2far - pardon my amateur video skills but I hope you can see this? This is my @Livernois downpipe with the OEM mufflers. You'll notice a nice little low-tone rumble at the beginning but it remains quiet the rest of the time. I couldn't punch it as I am the only one doing the video. My wife didn't want to come out and play. :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@way2far - pardon my amateur video skills but I hope you can see this? This is my @Livernois downpipe with the OEM mufflers. You'll notice a nice little low-tone rumble at the beginning but it remains quiet the rest of the time. I couldn't punch it as I am the only one doing the video. My wife didn't want to come out and play. :p
Just curious if your licence plate letters are 'software' related?

Peter

Just curious if your licence plate letters are 'software' related?

Peter

It's for Brent Seabrook from the Chicago Blackhawks. I wish I was that smart with software LOL

Hey jonnoriega, does your tuner allow you to do 0-60 and 1/4 mile times?

Oh and it sounds amazing!

Thats not cheesy at all, pretty badass really. I live in a rural area and have many stretches of flat road that is lightly traveled. I may see 4 cars on my 22 mile commute to work. I ran tests before I got my 07 F150 dialed in (Edge Evolution, custom intake and true dual exhaust) and my best 0-60 is 6.6 seconds a 1/4 mile is 14.86 @ 91 mph. Just wondering what times yours runs.

Thats not cheesy at all, pretty badass really. I live in a rural area and have many stretches of flat road that is lightly traveled. I may see 4 cars on my 22 mile commute to work. I ran tests before I got my 07 F150 dialed in (Edge Evolution, custom intake and true dual exhaust) and my best 0-60 is 6.6 seconds a 1/4 mile is 14.86 @ 91 mph. Just wondering what times yours runs.

Damn, bro. That's fast!

As for my set up, I got the exact same set up as @ken60631. This was his time trials (hope you don't mind, Ken). I'll assume mine will run the same plus/minus a tenth of a second or two.

As soon as I find a 1/4 mile track, I'm running it!
IMG_1570.JPG

It's cheesy as hell but I was messing around with iMovie. LMAO!
Well done. Still couldn't get the wife to come out and 'gun' it for you I see.:)

Peter

Not today...but mine was dropped off at the dealership. They found bad lower control arm bushings, a serious oil leak from timing cover, and are going to replace mufflers with some sort of revision due to exhaust smell in the cabin. Apparently the new mufflers also have a hole underneath the muffler tip in addition to the regular outlet.

Not today...but mine was dropped off at the dealership. They found bad lower control arm bushings, a serious oil leak from timing cover, and are going to replace mufflers with some sort of revision due to exhaust smell in the cabin. Apparently the new mufflers also have a hole underneath the muffler tip in addition to the regular outlet.

Please let us know what TSB or recall or whatever it is for the mufflers. I get a strong odor in the cab on hard acceleration. Thanks

Next evolution. My boys ordered these for me. I can't wait!
View attachment 97124
View attachment 97121 View attachment 97123

Yeah, looks good and all but are they better calibers, pads, rotors then the stock 16xp Sport? Less brake dust they said but where are the breaking speed numbers? Calibers are easy to paint red and the rotor holes are really invisible if not looking directly at the Sport wheels. I have 16 sport but only 10K miles on it, not sure if that break kit is worth it against the Sport stock. Isn't Police vehicles equipped with, same brakes. I will do only do that when need to change rotors and brake pads.

Damn, bro. That's fast!

As for my set up, I got the exact same set up as @ken60631. This was his time trials (hope you don't mind, Ken). I'll assume mine will run the same plus/minus a tenth of a second or two.

As soon as I find a 1/4 mile track, I'm running it!
View attachment 96978

Think about it. A stock looking SUV that can run 13's and top 100mph in the quarter. Pretty cool.

Yeah, looks good and all but are they better calibers, pads, rotors then the stock 16xp Sport? Less brake dust they said but where are the breaking speed numbers? Calibers are easy to paint red and the rotor holes are really invisible if not looking directly at the Sport wheels. I have 16 sport but only 10K miles on it, not sure if that break kit is worth it against the Sport stock. Isn't Police vehicles equipped with, same brakes. I will do only do that when need to change rotors and brake pads.

Because he wanted performance brakes, thats why. You realize this is the "modified" section, right? No stock Ford brake rotor or caliper will outperform Power Stop brand brakes.

According to my buddies, this is as good as it gets without having to do any modifications to the brake system. All they do is German import cars mostly Audi and Mercedes. I told them I wanted Brembo but they said they had to do all these tweaks to my Platinum. I also asked if they can find Wilwood Brakes and it had the same outcome.

Long story short, they pieced together this set up for "performance". I'll inform the rest of the forums once it's done.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back