What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 80 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Just bought one!!!

20180602_185042_zpsadbeyvpx.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice. Looks exactly like my first Explorer.:thumbsup:

Peter

Installed a DAB+ (digital radio) radio receiver/transmitter. We don't have Sirius in Europe, and all FM radio stations have been moving to digital the last few years. Easy to install, pain to hide the wiring. Opted to drill a hole in top of a vent and get a few other wires tucked away at the same time, and have them come out in corner of the vent.

F5RmYCD.jpg

B8F08AB6-0FEC-44D0-94DF-019D30724B85.jpeg
4FDC751A-4656-4AC6-BDB7-76B47A71C7BF.jpeg
I just got back from Texas to find this pair of Steering Wheel shifter extensions in blk waiting for me. It was a 5 1/2 week wait. They are aluminum and come in 4 colors(blk,red,blue&grey). They are sold on eBay by global_drive. Thanks to jonnoriega for finding them and posting the pics and info. The second thing I did for my X is a 2018 Stanley Cup Champs magnet. CAPS!!! (Finally!!!)

ABC34ADE-1A1C-4CCD-9E23-E8E9E42356CA.jpeg
A little bonus that came with the shifter extensions. I just found these little plastic stickers taped inside the middle of the box. They did not tell me about them l just happened to see a bump in the box as I was tossing it into the recycling bin.

Took my wife and daughter on our first trip to OC this weekend for the air show. Going there averaged 27.3mpg and on the way back in the heat with AC on the whole time and a ton of stop and go traffic, 25mpg. Very impressed given the car being loaded with all our stuff and everything.

Took my wife and daughter on our first trip to OC this weekend for the air show. Going there averaged 27.3mpg and on the way back in the heat with AC on the whole time and a ton of stop and go traffic, 25mpg. Very impressed given the car being loaded with all our stuff and everything.
You must have a steady and disciplined foot! What octane were you using? We did not go to O.C. but we went to St. Micheals. I did not pay attention to my gas mileage... my foot has not been too disciplined lately!:D

Installed black door handles and the "metal wrap around plate" things from China. See this post for a quick writeup/review. Interestingly the black door handles "rubber inset" is much thinner than it is on the chrome ones, so I transferred them over as they otherwise look exactly the same. But without those, the handle(s) had quite a gap on the right side. Not sure why this would be different between models if that's the case...

zfuviWF.jpg

sDVTXzkw7G4QAFzY7
Here's my emblems. I like them because they are subtle unlike a sticker.:salute:

Welcome top the Forum Jeff.:wave:
I don't see any picture.

Peter
I've tried several different ways, even uploading to Facebook and adding to my media, but it keeps refusing. The original pic was linked to Google Photos but that obviously doesn't work. Tried looking for help in the menus and found nothing. I even searched How to post photos" in the forums and nothing that even resembled an answer. Sorry I'm at a loss....

I've tried several different ways, even uploading to Facebook and adding to my media, but it keeps refusing. The original pic was linked to Google Photos but that obviously doesn't work. Tried looking for help in the menus and found nothing. I even searched How to post photos" in the forums and nothing that even resembled an answer. Sorry I'm at a loss....
I know that many members have posted photos in some way. If you takeout a $20 Elite membership you can post directly from your device and the picture is saved on the Forum's servers. That is what I do so I'm not really familiar with an other way. I think I recall some members using Tinypic. There is also an "Image" icon in the post toolbar.

Peter

sDVTXzkw7G4QAFzY7
Here's my emblems. I like them because they are subtle unlike a sticker.:salute:
If you right click the icon and select " open image in new tab " it shows your picture. No problems for me.

I know that many forums limit what you can post until you get to a set amount of posts. Pictures are usually the type of thing that is limited until you get something like 10 posts in. I don't know if this forum does that though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Installed black door handles and the "metal wrap around plate" things from China. See this post for a quick writeup/review. Interestingly the black door handles "rubber inset" is much thinner than it is on the chrome ones, so I transferred them over as they otherwise look exactly the same. But without those, the handle(s) had quite a gap on the right side. Not sure why this would be different between models if that's the case...

zfuviWF.jpg

Now you just need to get that chrome and the silver on the roof rack wrapped in black vinyl! :D Or painted. Have you done anything with the grill?

Back