What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 89 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

R4BGNor.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What engine do you have and what do you expect to get out of this?
3.5 NA

I expect to get the same that I did when I installed one on my edge 3.5.

Little more power and tq.

Stock Rims Painted Glossy Black

So I had my stock wheels on my 14 Explorer XLT painted glossy black by my mechanic. He charged me $600 for the wheels and $75 for the black lugnuts as I wanted them replaced and that includes 3hrs of him peeling off my old plast-dip. Great price. Picture of how it turned out is attached. Also had my back bumper fixed and repainted due to scratches and he only charged me $350. If any of you are in the West Los Angeles area Moises at OTC Auto Repair on Overland Ave will help you out. Couldn't have been more happy of how it turned out. Next is the SSI tune!

825DB44E-CA58-42EB-9FC2-0B37CEF0ED7C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Painted (paint not plastidip) my grill black, in spite of my wifes objections.
s!AvTNSp8J6Nx-luVSCuL_11KxDGSFnw

Painted (paint not plastidip) my grill black, in spite of my wifes objections.
s!AvTNSp8J6Nx-luVSCuL_11KxDGSFnw
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Looks good. Are you also going to replace the blue FORD emblem with a black one?

Peter

Looks good. Are you also going to replace the blue FORD emblem with a black one?

Peter

s!AvTNSp8J6Nx-lvxFt0zAMcCA205_Hw

That one ones not bad. Going to pant rims next..wish i had a tire machine...

Peter

I bought an extended warranty from Joel.

FWIW, as part of the process, I thought I would check my local dealer to see what they said. I actually bought my Exp from their sister dealer. So, I called the local sister and was told by the woman that I needed to change the oil (wtf?) and after many days, call backs, neglected call backs, etc. she tells me I already have an extended warranty (strangely the exact one I was interested in).

With that in mind, I call Ford, got someone in India and they tell me I only have the standard warranty.

I then call the selling dealer (trying to get to the bottom of my 'existing' extended warranty) and left msgs with them resulting in no callbacks. I finally told the receptionist what was going on and she xfers me to someone else's v-mail. I finally get a callback from him and he says I don't have an ESP and then quotes me $1050 more than Joel for the exact ESP.

Everything couldn't have gone smoother and quicker than with Joel. I recommend contacting him for an ESP's! Just FYI, regardless of what my local shysters had said, I was still going to buy from Joel. I don't trust my local sister dealerships more than I can throw them. Oh yeah, apparently they conveniently sent in a buyer survey, in my name, to Ford. In an email, they thanked me for all my 5 star replies. SMDH

I just wish we had more reputable and eager dealers around here.

I bought an extended warranty from Joel.

FWIW, as part of the process, I thought I would check my local dealer to see what they said. I actually bought my Exp from their sister dealer. So, I called the local sister and was told by the woman that I needed to change the oil (wtf?) and after many days, call backs, neglected call backs, etc. she tells me I already have an extended warranty (strangely the exact one I was interested in).

With that in mind, I call Ford, got someone in India and they tell me I only have the standard warranty.

I then call the selling dealer (trying to get to the bottom of my 'existing' extended warranty) and left msgs with them resulting in no callbacks. I finally told the receptionist what was going on and she xfers me to someone else's v-mail. I finally get a callback from him and he says I don't have an ESP and then quotes me $1050 more than Joel for the exact ESP.

Everything couldn't have gone smoother and quicker than with Joel. I recommend contacting him for an ESP's! Just FYI, regardless of what my local shysters had said, I was still going to buy from Joel. I don't trust my local sister dealerships more than I can throw them. Oh yeah, apparently they conveniently sent in a buyer survey, in my name, to Ford. In an email, they thanked me for all my 5 star replies. SMDH

I just wish we had more reputable and eager dealers around here.

Report them to Ford. Their customer reviews are a big deal. I even got an email asking for a 5 star review when I brought my Explorer in for the CO recall.

Report them to Ford. Their customer reviews are a big deal. I even got an email asking for a 5 star review when I brought my Explorer in for the CO recall.

I would like to but not sure whom to contact. I don't think reporting it to Raghavendra would do much good.

That is where I got the phone# that was answered in India. If I get really motivated, I'll send a snail mail.

That is where I got the phone# that was answered in India. If I get really motivated, I'll send a snail mail.

Send it certified, signature required.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a ruby red 2016 explorer and thinking about adding black accent on my hood, Should I hit the inner (lower) section or the 2 upper "ribs"!?
Saw the inner section done, don't recall seeing the upper sections.

After I made my choice I'll follow the "treatment" by getting all pillars black.

Also, should I use vinyl wrap or paint?
Note: I have a clear vinyl protector on the front.

Back