What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 91 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Inspired by Jon's eh?

Very neat accents. The entertainment system is OEM?

Not really inspired by anyone's. I have a friend who paints cars, so it was mostly his "eye" that determined what paint accents to do. And yes, the entertainment system is OEM.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not really inspired by anyone's. I have a friend who paints cars, so it was mostly his "eye" that determined what paint accents to do. And yes, the entertainment system is OEM.

Oh fair enough, bit of similarity to another members Explorer here.

Cool. I must have missed it, given that there are 91 pages on this thread. lol. Thanks for the kind words on the accents.

Cool. I must have missed it, given that there are 91 pages on this thread. lol. Thanks for the kind words on the accents.

You're welcome! Jon actually commented a few posts further up (as well as waaaay further back in this thread when he was just starting out his mods). Click on his name and check out his profile page for more pics. His wheels especially are pretty sweet, imo.

You're welcome! Jon actually commented a few posts further up (as well as waaaay further back in this thread when he was just starting out his mods). Click on his name and check out his profile page for more pics. His wheels especially are pretty sweet, imo.
By "Jon", do you mean "jonnoriega"? I just found one of his posts a few pages back.

Hello Ntrain, how is your Explorer running since you indtalled the bbk throttle body? I’ve been thinking about doing the same. Does it improve the throttle response and does it make alot of noise? Also any problems with it? Thanks

Runs great. More throttle response, etc.

You can hear a little more intake noise but nothing obnoxious. No problems at all.

Installed step bars yesterday, and now my 4 year old can climb in on her own. She loves it, and momma loves it too which is all that matters.

ex%20at%20lowes_zpsttcr1ysv.jpg
step%20bars_zpsdmij0ve9.jpg

Sorry guys! I've been traveling and actually now a moderator for another FB Forums Group but this is still one of my favorites.

Here's what I did today. Shout outs to Nick Olson of Olson's EcoBoost and EcoPowerParts.com. A big shout out to Car-One Tire & Auto in Hoffman Estates, IL for the install. They do great work with modifications.

This is part 1 of 2. Hot pipes were installed and now just waiting for the dual CAI courtesy of Olson's EcoBoost and EcoPowerParts.com. Just a really short video.

@jonnorega what FB page do you moderate? ive been lurking but am sucking up as much info I can before I make my purchase in November.

@jonnorega what FB page do you moderate? ive been lurking but am sucking up as much info I can before I make my purchase in November.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Finally got around to completing my projects:
1. Tesla style tablet for the Explorer.
2. SSI performance 91 octane tune. Switched to it from the 87 tune and love it even more.
3. PowerStop Z23 drilled/slotted rotors with ceramic brakes all around.
Attempting to get the fastest NA 3.5L Explorer out there so I don't go and spend $15k getting a Sport after trade in.

Finally got around to completing my projects:
1. Tesla style tablet for the Explorer.
2. SSI performance 91 octane tune. Switched to it from the 87 tune and love it even more.
3. PowerStop Z23 drilled/slotted rotors with ceramic brakes all around.
Attempting to get the fastest NA 3.5L Explorer out there so I don't go and spend $15k getting a Sport after trade in.

Post a picture of number 1.

Interesting. Would actually love to see a video and hear how well the system works compared to sync.
How do I post a picture? I tried the other day and it said I had to have a URL, like its hosted somewhere

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How do I post a picture? I tried the other day and it said I had to have a URL, like its hosted somewhere

Either host on imgur or buy an elite explorer membership ($20/yr or free/1 yr if you do a detailed how to and the owner of the forum approves it) to upload directly to the site.

Buying a membership is preferable as the images aren't deleted or taken down, and you get no ads plus a few other perks, as well as supporting this site.

Back