What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 92 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Did a couple of tiny tweaks with HP Tuners.

Used forscan to:
Remove double honk
5 flashers on turn
Secure Idle
Bambi mode

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Used forscan to:
Remove double honk
5 flashers on turn
Secure Idle
Bambi mode

Secure idle? Is that the same as police idle?

Secure idle? Is that the same as police idle?

Could be I guess?

When you leave the vehicle running it will not allow it to be shifted out of park unless the key is in range.

Could be I guess?

When you leave the vehicle running it will not allow it to be shifted out of park unless the key is in range.

Ahh you have a proximity key.

Police idle is different in that you take the key out of the ignition but the engine will keep running.

Could be I guess?

Does that also disable the Brake Shift Interlock, assuming the PIU has that feature?

Peter

Does that also disable the Brake Shift Interlock, assuming the PIU has that feature?

Peter

Not sure, Jason would be the person to confirm that, if I remember correctly. He discovered its possible to program it.

Just some simple details I’ve done to the interior of my X lately. The James Bond mode (ejection button) I found on Amazon. When a friend gets in the passenger seat I turn on the seat heater. When they comment on thier seat getting hot I hit my James Bond play list with 50 versions of the Bond theme song from Doctor No. Then I open the sun roof then point at the ejection button and say bye. My friends love it my wife rolled her eyes and asked how old am I. The regular floor mat lettering I used fabric markers to color the lettering, it doesn’t show the dirt like the oem light gray and white does. The rubber mats are markers made for tires. The powered by Ford emblem I found on ebay and put on the fuse box cover.

4197CA40-E1D0-450B-995C-3FFAB5668DBE.jpeg

5E6B4758-A680-4710-819E-05F752833AA0.jpeg

4B5B9720-BB66-42D0-84D7-E993971ADBC7.jpeg

5F595B3B-2099-4652-88D8-69FFCA7DE1B5.jpeg

E5E3385B-A36D-45CD-8DA7-76CB4C7412A5.jpeg

Just some simple details I’ve done to the interior of my X lately. The James Bond mode (ejection button) I found on Amazon. When a friend gets in the passenger seat I turn on the seat heater. When they comment on thier seat getting hot I hit my James Bond play list with 50 versions of the Bond theme song from Doctor No. Then I open the sun roof then point at the ejection button and say bye. My friends love it my wife rolled her eyes and asked how old am I. The regular floor mat lettering I used fabric markers to color the lettering, it doesn’t show the dirt like the oem light gray and white does. The rubber mats are markers made for tires. The powered by Ford emblem I found on ebay and put on the fuse box cover.

View attachment 170827

View attachment 170828

View attachment 170829

View attachment 170830

View attachment 170831
Best mod ever. Like, seriously, this is fantastic. Going on the list.

Well, we just got our 2014 Sport yesterday, but today I removed the tramp stamp that the dealer put on there! Wasn't high quality... just left the car in the sun for a bit, and it peeled right off. Goof Off took care of the residue. Going to do some paint correction this weekend.

Installed my Streamlight SL20X LED flashlight charger in the trunk area. Also changed the front map lights and cargo light to LED. Still trying to figure out what to do with the two dome lights as they are non serviceable.

Used forscan to:
Remove double honk
5 flashers on turn
Secure Idle
Bambi mode
Did you have a spreadsheet with all the codes and what to change them to?

Just replaced my Yokohama Parada Spec-X's with some Continental Extreme Contact DWS06's. 265/40/22. Love the tread design, handling, silent ride, 50K mileage warranty, and wider lip protector- my wheel faces now have a bit of tire overhang for a wee bit of protection.

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1939.jpg

IMG_2176.jpg

Just replaced my Yokohama Parada Spec-X's with some Continental Extreme Contact DWS06's. 265/40/22. Love the tread design, handling, silent ride, 50K mileage warranty, and wider lip protector- my wheel faces now have a bit of tire overhang for a wee bit of protection.

View attachment 171155

View attachment 171156
Good choice... I’ve actually have had a few people come up to me in parking lots and at a car wash asking about the DWS06’s. I’ve never had such a reaction over tires before. And if you can get your wife or a friend to drive your Ex away from you slowly the tread pattern looks really cool. Enjoy your new shoes and the extra rim protection. The lip protector and the Continental lettering holds tire shine and will sling it so watch for that.

And they have a unique treadwear indicator.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back