What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 93 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where did you get the predicted wrap from?
I got crafty lol. If you look closely, I had to remove the old airaid logo and then I had the wife show me how to use her silhouette program on the computer and I used that to cut the “SPORT” logo out of some heat transfer vinyl and then used the wife’s heat press to press the decal onto the filter wrap. Wallah

Changed my emblems to black ones the other day.

InkedIMG_1982_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_1983_LI.jpg

I think those fit in very well with the vehicle's colour.

Peter

Stopped by a small mosquito infested field for a quick photo shoot

8EAB6B39-A131-4666-AACA-ADE20BC4A081.jpeg

1EE770BB-228E-4921-8E9F-19AF12A31305.jpeg

Which colour is that and what are those wheels? They both look amazing!
Looking at the Order Guide, it appears to be Burgundy Velvet Metallic Clearcoat. The wheels are the optional 20” Premium Painted Machined Aluminum ones.

Peter

D79F2489-4E52-4F01-8545-3752F91F8653.jpeg
4D568E0E-67EF-42CF-8704-93F9660061E5.jpeg
DC1A2E09-1751-4DF8-8188-44345BAE5AAD.jpeg
This is more about what my X did for me and my better 3/4(wife). We had a great couple of days despite some hellacious storms driving around Chesapeake Bay country. Good friends, sights, food and a great 4th of July fireworks show over the Cesapeake Bay. The X was fun to drive and had no problem handling the crazy storm soaked roads. Next week we are taking aroad trip to Philadelphia. Looking forward to using the James Bond mode I installed a while back on some unsuspecting friends. Then I’ll do something for my X after we get back.

Just a heads up for anyone looking for continental extreme contact dws06 tires, but I ordered a set of 295/45/20’s today through discount tire and they told me they are on national backorder with no hard delivery date. Not sure if it’s just that size or multiple sizes.

Still have to black out all of the silver, grey and the mirror tops.

Just changed my reverse lights, rear blinker lights, and front blinker lights to LED. Finally all LED except for high beams (which I'll leave alone).

The rears were easy to do. Just two screws after popping off the circle tabs. Had hyperflash only on the inside of the Exp.

The front blinker I was worried about. I thought I'd have to take the front panel off and the front bumper off. After looking better I could reach the blinker bulbs and replace pretty easily. Also had hyperflash only on the inside of the Exp.

Had to make the 2 change in FORScan to disable lamp outage detection for front and rear. All is good.

I got the bulbs from Amazon. If anyone wants to know what I got let me know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back