What did YOU do to your Explorer today? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

Sellers remorse 8 years ago.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got my new wheels on today:thumbsup:

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• 20150317_125401.jpg
    20150317_125401.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 437

- Realized that when I rebuilt the rear axle I put the caliper mounting plates on the wrong side :banghead:. So drain the axle, pull the shafts, swap caliper mounting plates, reassemble

- plumbing in the line locks for the rear end (still need to wire them up)

Dropped the wheels off for sandblasting, going to drop them off for powder coating later.

Over the last week I removed the auto transmission and installed a new flywheel, clutch, and manual pedals. Once I install the clutch master and slave cylinder the 5 speed will be ready to go in.

Picture 883.jpg

Old lady(winter suv) going into storage....Oil&lube grease.....

destuded and rotated the tires, inspected the brakes, drive train, and suspension. got a parts list going for things it will need this summer.topped off all the fluids, and tightened the valve covers.

I installed a replacement automatic shift indicator courtesy of 2stroke since I broke mine swapping out the steering column. Great to know what gear I'm in now and best of all, it works better than the old one did.

Tomorrow I'll be putting the wood grain dash in that I pulled from a Ranger.

Finally replaced the MAF.

Finished the under dash/rear seat LED strips. With all my interior mods, I think I've made the inside look 10 years younger! ...Except for the condition of the seats and carpet. lol

0319151927_zpsqtgxktms.jpg

0319151928_zpswtzpomgv.jpg

More:

0329152120_zpsmusoha37.jpg

0329152120a_zpsjyl9g6xs.jpg

My phone wouldn't focus on the LED's because it's too dark out. But, the only blue LED's are the map lights, and the instrument panel. All the others are white, except the bulb replacements are a different color temperature than the LED strips. I'm happy with it though.

I do plan on putting a bigger LED in the dome light, and switching the map lights, out with white ones.

Got my lift and fenders home on friday..
Now i need sun and nice days (or a garage) to get my lift done :D

Put my roof rails back and mounted my 2kg fire extinguisher :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 20150325_161746.jpg
    20150325_161746.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 636
  • 20150325_161829.jpg
    20150325_161829.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 627

Change trans filter and fluid. Flush the rad coolant and change the thermostat housing. I didnt have time to change both upper arm control. Guess im gonna jack up the car again tommorow.

It's not what I did....! I am pisssed... My mechanic for the second day in a row buys and tries to put on the "wrong" pump. I specifically told him "Take the old one" "they look alike but they are not". So, I have to wait another day before I can get back my vehicle. Now he was supposed to take TWO days to replace chain guides etc. and replace water pump. He has the vehicle now, as of today 16 BL....Y days!

Well for the last week or so I've been rebuilding my M5R1 tranny. Finished the rebuild successfully yesterday and today I attempted to throw it back in with no luck.

After a couple hours of wrestling with it I was totally worn out and decided to back off for the day. Having a lot of trouble getting it lined up in there. Round two tomorrow!

I just bought an air filter, thinking it was time. Then discovered my air filter is still pretty clean, THEN got paranoid and checked for leaks or holes after the air box and MAF. None were found. Love the blue lights in the dash, Murkinstock. But I would obsess and have to change the HVAC controls and 4x4 switch and rear wiper and defrost switches too. Because I'm crazy like that. So...I leave it alone. Like the LED interior lights too!

Love the blue lights in the dash, Murkinstock. But I would obsess and have to change the HVAC controls and 4x4 switch and rear wiper and defrost switches too. Because I'm crazy like that. So...I leave it alone. Like the LED interior lights too!

Thank you! I have put LED's in the HVAC, courtesy lights, glove compartment, and the dome lights, I also swapped the dome from a 94 and have Blue LED's in the Map Lights! Though I might switch to white ones when I get more, Oh, I almost forgot, I also have LED's in the license plate lights! Lol

Should I add all of them to my post? :D

I'm diggin' the LEDs. That's somewhere on my wishlist.

Put the hood back on the BII and drove it around a little bit. It's more first gen Ex than BII at this point. Finalizing my list of Need To Do's for the spring.

new cat and exhaust

have done a full tune up over the two years ive had the x and broke its 200k virginity still fine tuning but before i get knee deep i decided to get a new cat and muffler got it done cheap too (Muffler Man)

sounds great even better than what i had sounds like a v 8 or possibly a stock performance gt mustang he ha ...almost :) at low rpm

noticable improvement it was hissing and farting at times couldnt breath ... spraying brake and carb cleaner wasnt working too much rust and calcite its straight through now that out of the way im going for an adjustable fuel regulator next and most likely a timing chain replacement before i hit the road

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got my tranny baack in. The master ended up leaking so I had to replace that too. All working good, even tested 4wd. Just need to get the interior fixed and shes good!

Back