What did YOU do to your Explorer today? | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

Replaced my rear shock absorbers with the Monroe Sensa-Trac load adjusting shocks. It stiffened up the rear a little bit, got rid of the rear end sag, and also got rid of an annoying squeak from a bushing coming half out of the old shock. Win!

0709150612b_zps88gfbwo1.jpg

0709150613_zpsg5zwn3do.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you for your experience.

27 days and counting as a 94 Sport owner/operator/mechanic. The front end needed major help and I needed help too. (I'm a teacher, not an auto mechanic) http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218254 was my first big help as well as many other thread experiences.

To date, I have replaced/repaired the starter, right side axle pivot bushing, radial arm bushings, front ujoints, ball joints, manual hubs, seals, rear wheel brake cylinder, oil, radiator flush, drivers side door handle, rear bumper (was at 45 degrees up), added two deer hoove wheels (came with three), and new wipers.

Issues yet to be resolved: Clutch slips a little on big hills, muffler needs new springs and gasket, manifold has a slight leak, air conditioning does not work, my eyeball alignment needs more than my eyeball, valve cover gaskets are leaking oil, and I am sure that there will be more down the road. :)

Speaking of the road, this week was my first week of driving my BUGGY. That's what I named her/him (gender nuetral). So far, it has been the best $250 vehicle purchase that I have ever made. I hope that my Buggy will be a long and happy daily driver for me. Thanks again for all you share..

---
Will
94 4WD Sport

hmmmmm!!!

just got done painting my rims black, fixed my broken hatch hinges, gave it a nice washen and thats it until next week lol..:D

just got done painting my rims black, fixed my broken hatch hinges, gave it a nice washen and thats it until next week lol..:D

What did you paint your rims with? I want my rims and bumpers flat black. I been lookin at just using plasti dip.

I bought some foam camping pads, cut them up into thin slices and stuffed them into my driver's side seat. Gained me some extra back support, and all it took was a flat head screw driver and about 30 minutes.

What did you paint your rims with? I want my rims and bumpers flat black. I been lookin at just using plasti dip.

Just painted with plasti dip 1 can did 7 coats on all 4 rims but get 2 anyways lol and kept the hub caps chrome. I have a pic of my mounty on my profile

Finally put my rear view mirror back on today. The auto dim I installed when I put in the overhead console didn't work, got another one at u-pull the day I diced my finger, went to swap it out, and the button popped right off the windhshield. $2 glue kit from Wal-Mart and about 45 mins (mostly wait time), and the new one is back on. Not dark yet so haven't played with it, but it better work..........

New starter! The day before that, it was a new oil pressure switch.

Mr. Cribb, thank you for your service sir. Good luck with the repairs, mine seem to be multiplying exponentially........

Your welcome. I would serve all over again even if the outcome was the same.

I put front brakes on in November, this maybe the rear requesting attention. If that's the case, disc brake axle swap is the cure for it. I'm an OTR truck driver so I don't get a ton of seat time in my exploder.

Plugs , Wires , hood cylinders , :thumbsup:

I replaced the transmission filter. The screen inside the old one was broken. Glad I did it. My first time ever doing a tranny pan drop, but aside from being messy (which is all that ever stopped me from doing it myself before), it went well. By the way, I hate the heat shield clip that clips under the pan.

I want to clean out the engine compartment and take out all the gunk/grease/oil that has accumulated all over the place; so I took out the belt, fan cover, radiator, alternator, AC compressor (only moved this one since I dont want to lose the refrigerant), steering pump, and I'm midway thru taking out the belt tightener. I will hopefully take out the fan (that needs replacing anyways) and hopefully will be able to access more of the gunk.
If I have all the time in the world, I would like to take out as much as I can and get some high heat paint over the chassis (at least where I'm able to reach in order to scrape all the rust).

Replaced the Oil Pressure Sending Unit...fixed that (thank God...worried it was the oil pump or worse)...

Replaced the hood supports, now the hood stays up on it own, & adjusted the rear hatch window so it opens up when I push the button on the outside of the hatch.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Retired alternator ,power wires and grounds chasing a gremlin

Back