What do you tow with your 5th gen. Explorer? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What do you tow with your 5th gen. Explorer?

Thanks Jeff, just picked her up at the US./Canada border (bottom pic).

Sorry don't recognize your boat. What have you got hangin on the back?

Frank :chug:

Beautiful Allsion Jetz,

Here is one of my previously owned boats which I have towed with my explorer.

5453_106417034575_5706095_n.jpg

Jeff

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its a 22 foot talon, tunnel hull with a centre pod. It has a 300x for power with a sportmaster gearcase. It went 102mph with that power, much slower than my old stv unfortunately, but great in rougher water.

Nice! Post up some more of that rocket! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Our new to us 2008 Starcraft Antigua hybrid trailer. Just towed it 100KM (60 miles) home today with nary a problem. had to go over 2 large skyways in some fairly strong winds and the SUV and trailer trackked perfectly.
It is hard on gas, but no worse then I expected

Niagara-on-the-Lake-20120627-00070.png

Niagara-on-the-Lake-20120627-00071.png

trailer nose is sitting a little high, but that will come down when we get some stuff in the trailer

Looking forward to first weekend out with it this Canada Day.

Might not be as exciting or as big as what others tow, but it helps me support my golfing addiction. :)
19d191b4.jpg

Nice tows guys.

Just got my EX and will post pics when I pull the boat to the Columbia River. Is a requirement or guideline regarding amount of mileage on my EX prior to towing?

Just got my EX and will post pics when I pull the boat to the Columbia River. Is a requirement or guideline regarding amount of mileage on my EX prior to towing?

Ford recommends 1000 mile before any serious towing. I had about 300 on mine on the first tow, it was a short distance. If i was pulling more weight or went a long distance i would try to break the motor in more.

GetAttachment.aspx

Here is another one behind my explorer

photo14.jpg

This is what I tow,a 19 foot Keywest center console.

306cc0b3.jpg

^ Now THAT is what an Explorer was born to do :)

With all honesty i tow my mother inlaw every sunday to the gym, since feb,20,2011

Very nice, see they are really made to tow boats and other smaller items just maybe not TT very well?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I find my Explorer tows my boat really well, I can easily do a 110km/h on the highway and barely notice that I'm towing anything. My boat weighs just about 2000lbs. The rating on our vehicles is to tow up to 5000lbs.

Back