• Register Today It's free!

What engine?

LukeK

Reaction score
City, State
Lancaster
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in. But I was wondering what engine my explorer has in it. I just bought it it's a 95 XLT engine says 4.0 EFI on it I seen around on the forums ohv1 and sohc I was wondering if i have a completely different motor. or if i had one of those and just don't know it.. I could post pictures if it would be more helpful/.

You have a 4.0 liter OHV engine...

I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in. But I was wondering what engine my explorer has in it. I just bought it it's a 95 XLT engine says 4.0 EFI on it I seen around on the forums ohv1 and sohc I was wondering if i have a completely different motor. or if i had one of those and just don't know it.. I could post pictures if it would be more helpful/.

The 4.0 EFI is molded into the upper intake plastic...You have one valve cover that you can see on the passenger side and one that the upper intake covers on the drivers side...

4.0 SOHC was not available until 97, so you have a 4.0 OHV unless someone performed an engine swap (not likely).

Alright thank both of you 2 for the info. :)

Back