What have you added to your 2011 Ford Explorer since you picked it up? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What have you added to your 2011 Ford Explorer since you picked it up?

What are the LED bulb number for the Map, reverse and license plate bulbs. The side mirrors light can be changed to LED?

This is the thread that covered a lot of that which I read last night:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312886&highlight=map+lights

It looks like they have most of the bulb info in that thread. It sounds like the side lamps are near impossible to replace, and that the 2nd and 3rd row, at least in that thread, were never replaced due to difficulty in getting the covers off. There may be new info, but that was the most detailed thread I found.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes there is a lock on the gas gap. You get two keys along with the gas cap, it's not just one that you can turn to put in and out.

Sorry for being late to the party but if you have stated it was locking you wouldn't have confused readers. Being that it IS locking and not a typical gas cap.

-LED interior swap
-new 20" rims
-Aries Nerf Bars
-Sharkfin Antenna
-License plate LED lights
-OEM Rear Cargo Mat
-OEM DVD Headrests

To come:
-Magnaflow Exhaust TIPS
-22" rims

Full coverage 3M Venture Shield
WeatherTech mats, and cargo liner
All windows tinted @ 20%
New 22'' w/t
Mcgard wheel locks
Locking gas cap
4'' Magnaflow Stainless tips
Painted the exposed exhaust pipes with VHT black

Ordering this week:

NuShield

All OEM:

Roof Rack Crossbars
Molded Mud Flaps
Remote Start
Hood Deflector
All-Weather Mats
Cargo Area Protector

About to order:

Ambient Light Kit
HIDs

5k HID's in the Headlights (from The Retro Fit Source)
Thule Roof Rails
Thule fat cat 4 snowboard rackOEM Bumper Protector
OEM Molded Plastic Splash Guards
OEM Molded window wind/rain guards
Husky weather mats for first and second row as well as the cargo mat and the smaller cargo matt for when the third row is up.
Nushield MFT protector
Draw-tite hitch
VOXX Maglia rims for my winter tires in all black.
OEM rear bumper protector

Anyone else have issues with their Husky cargo liner? Mine has never actually fit proper it is always curling up and just seems to have to much room and slides around alot.

Full coverage 3M Venture Shield
WeatherTech mats, and cargo liner
All windows tinted @ 20%
New 22'' w/t
Mcgard wheel locks
Locking gas cap
4'' Magnaflow Stainless tips
Painted the exposed exhaust pipes with VHT black

Ordering this week:

NuShield

Do you have to wash the car a lot due to the Venture Shield? I was looking into this but the guy told me bug guts will eat through it and living in a condo with no where to wash the Explorer would mean it may only get washed once a week.

He's full of BS!!! :rolleyes:
I have it on my Bimmer, Vette also with no issues what so ever!
Had it on others too. If there was a problem, and I was dissatisfied, why would I continue to use it?

Don't like the look of bugs either stuck to the front end when I go to my cottage, so I do wipe them off as soon as I can, and NOT for info your wise guy gave you, but because the rest of the car is clean.
I keep a water spray bottle, and a 'bug' sponge in the car at all times, plus every detail product in the free world! Lol

I'm in a condo too, so I go to local coin wash.
Even bought an aluminum three step ladder that I keep in the car so I can wash the damn roof!!!!!K

BTW: you can wax the 3M like the rest of the car.

Frank

Do you have to wash the car a lot due to the Venture Shield? I was looking into this but the guy told me bug guts will eat through it and living in a condo with no where to wash the Explorer would mean it may only get washed once a week.

He's full of BS!!! :rolleyes:
I have it on my Bimmer, Vette also with no issues what so ever!
Had it on others too. If there was a problem, and I was dissatisfied, why would I continue to use it?

Don't like the look of bugs either stuck to the front end when I go to my cottage, so I do wipe them off as soon as I can, and NOT for info your wise guy gave you, but because the rest of the car is clean.
I keep a water spray bottle, and a 'bug' sponge in the car at all times, plus every detail product in the free world! Lol

I'm in a condo too, so I go to local coin wash.
Even bought an aluminum three step ladder that I keep in the car so I can wash the damn roof!!!!!K

BTW: you can wax the 3M like the rest of the car.

Frank

Thanks for the info. I doubt he was full of BS though as he was the one trying to sell it to me lol. Maybe I will still consider it.

Interior led swap
OEM bumper protector
Aries Stainless Nerf Bars
SharkFin Attenna
OEM cargo mat
Led license plate lights

Ordering OEM splash guards, also we're do you purchase the MFT nuview guard/ protector?

Even if that were remotely true...and it's not! I would rather replace a 3M panel, than have to repaint, and fix dings!!!

'Don't leave home without it'! :D

Thanks for the info. I doubt he was full of BS though as he was the one trying to sell it to me lol. Maybe I will still consider it.

Ford molded splash guards
Ford Bug Shield
Ford Rear Bumper Protector
Tinted Windows (ALL)
Husky Floor Mats (Entire Set)
Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust
K&N Air Filter
Aries Bull Bar
AVS In Channel Vent Shades
Sharkfin Antenna (So I fit in the garage without feeling like I'm going to rip the antenna off)
Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Headlights and Foglights
17" Painted Ford Edge Wheels with Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 Winter Setup

Where did you get the shark fin antenna? Did it reduce radio or navigation reception? Thanks

Where did you get the shark fin antenna? Did it reduce radio or navigation reception? Thanks

Visual Garage has the antenna, you just have to contact them about it through the website. I haven't noticed a reception difference. I don't have Nav, so I couldn't tell you, but it's supposed to work fine with Sirius. I don't have a subscription, so I can't test it.

No issues with Shrak fin, gps works fine. No lost signal.

Is that with shipping, a little price increase, I paid 71 when it was done

Explorer Base Model (black):-

- Painted Grille (black)
- Black Ford Logo (front, back, steering wheel)
- Wheel covers (black)
- Weathertech Cargo Mat

Next Stage:-
- front window tints
- smoked headlights / taillights
- OEM Fuel Cap

OEM rear bumper protector
OEM mud flaps
Weathertech Mats
Nu Shield MFT screen protector
Shark Fin antenna

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Emergency lighting for First EMS/Fire: Federal Signal, Feniex, Laird and Sound Off Equipment.
30% tint two fronts/ 20% tint all other windows
Setina PB400 arriving this week
K&N air filter
Cowles T3800 Clear U-Door Edge

Back