1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

What I LIKE about my Explorer

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by RandyH2, July 13, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. RandyH2

RandyH2 Active Member

City, State:
    MI
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '11 Limited AWD
    Here is my entry, feel free to add your own:

The paint is superb!

Michigan is finally getting around to fixing some of our notoriously poor roads. It's so nice to have fresh asphalt on my routine drives. Unfortunately I picked up a bunch of tar on the sides of my white Explorer. It didn't come off with soap and water so I moved on to the bug and tar remover which worked nicely. I was afraid the process would damage the finish but not a scratch! The clearcoat is awesome!!!

After the cleaning I finally got around to waxing the sides of the Explorer and realized that the wax really doesn't do anything visibly obvious to the shine because the paint is already so nice. So---

Great paint! Thanks Ford!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. muddlermike

muddlermike New Member

City, State:
    Syracuse, NY
    2011 XLT
    Well, I've only had my Ex a week, but so far I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT MY EXPLORER! The color, the leather, the moonroof, the ride, the tech, the puddle lights... everything.

I'm glad that I read the complaints about the MFT because I know to be patient waiting for it to boot up - granted, mine only takes under 15 seconds to do so. I find learning to use SYNC is like learning another language, but once I got the hang of the voice prompts I'm doing fine.

4. whtmnt

whtmnt New Member

City, State:
    pittsburgh, pa
    98 mountianeer
    Randy, try a mild clay bar from your auto parts store, it will remove tar, bugs, dirt ect. As for wax use a soft liquid type, soak a rag in water ring it out rub your wax into the towel and apply it to the entire painted area. wait 5 mins and remove it with a microfiber towl the wax will come off easily and your clear coat will be protected. also once finished applying it to your paint use the same wet rag and wax your rims. Hope you find this helpfull.

5. whtmnt

whtmnt New Member

City, State:
    pittsburgh, pa
    98 mountianeer
    also, buy a bottle of spray wax, after you wash your car and it is still completly wet, mist it with the spray wax before you shammy it dry most of the water will run off before you even get to it, and it too will effectivly wax your car, I do this everytime i wash. It makes drying the vehichle much easier and you wont get any water spots.