1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

what is the Rear shock length

Discussion in 'Modified 1995-2001 Explorers' started by Vinson581, July 3, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Vinson581

Vinson581 Member

City, State:
    Monroe, NY
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    99 XLT
    I was wondering if any of you guys knew off the top of your heads the extended and compressed length of the stock shocks, i figured before i go and remove the shock i would ask someone here.

(not trying to replace the shock with a generic shock, its already got bilstein 5100's, which are getting tossed for a set of fox remote resivior shocks which is why i need to know the lengths.)

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Vinson581

Vinson581 Member

City, State:
    Monroe, NY
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    99 XLT
    just measured it, for the search if anything

• 25 in. extended length
    • 15 in. collapsed length
    • 10 in. damper travel

this is going to vary from shock to shock, bilstein, gaberial, emu, rancho, ect.

We Support Our Troops!