What is this tranny clunk ?

sze kan

Reaction score
City, State
Philippines
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2012 3.5L V6
Hi all,
So the auto tranny changes gear perfectly, but in one of those situations where the car thinks I am trying to pull the car and keeps it on 1st gear high Rev, I move my foot from the gas pedal and I can immediately hear a clunk along with a jerk like deaccelaration... anyone knows what this could be ? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you check the engine & transmission mounts?

I checked the engine mount physically, it doesn’t show any leaks, I tried to check for engine movement but don’t find anything unusual, as for the transmission mount, I don’t see it jerk from N to D or N to R. Or any jerk on other gears except for this..

Is there any other way to check?

Also when I brake I hear a little knock not sure if this is the same or different problem

You seem to be having one issue after another. As per your initial thread, it looks like you may have made the wrong choice; Ford explorer to keep or sell ...

Peter

You seem to be having one issue after another. As per your initial thread, it looks like you may have made the wrong choice; Ford explorer to keep or sell ...

Peter

Yes that’s true peter. I think it’s because I haven’t been able to change the defected part and just going on changing parts which are not needed to be replaced...
I am trying to sell the car but sadly no interest yet... till then I just have to fix my ride ...

Hi, can anyone guide me where is the transmission mount located ? I am sure something is going on with my car but not sure if it’s tranny mount or the tranny itself.

Back