what kind of explorer do you have and how many miles on it? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

what kind of explorer do you have and how many miles on it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

08 Mountaineer 4.6 V8 AWD - 115,000 - Sounds like the exhaust manifold has the tick so I may pull the engine in two months to get buck with it and do a mess of preventative maintenance. Has a few lingering issues from the previous owner - power steering rack leak, axle seals leaking... But it'll all be done soon enough

2010 EB 4wd , 68,000 miles , daily driver new to me in Feb 2016 , mostly stock but plans for tires, grill guard, Safari rack, maybe a mild lift. This is my 2nd Explorer, used to have an 07 EB

2006 EB. 92,800 miles daily driver. Traxda lift, 265/70r17s, Cragar rims, Aries bull bar and taillight guards

2007 Explorer XLT 108,000+ miles.

2006 EB. 92,800 miles daily driver. Traxda lift, 265/70r17s, Cragar rims, Aries bull bar and taillight guards
Weren't you running 255/75/17 BFG Mudders? Did you go to the Grabbers because of road noise or just to go bigger? I'm considering running that same size BFG Mud tire but with no lift. I'm more poser than mud bogger :)

Weren't you running 255/75/17 BFG Mudders? Did you go to the Grabbers because of road noise or just to go bigger? I'm considering running that same size BFG Mud tire but with no lift. I'm more poser than mud bogger :)
Personally I like the road noise, but my wife didn't. But yeah I ran the 255/75s! I found a hell of a deal for the rims/tires brand new so I bought them up. Honestly I like this look way better. They're meatier, help my gas mileage and I love the white lettering . plus I've never driven in snow before so I need these rather than MTs.
If you're running the BFGs be careful with rub. I rubbed at about a turn and a half. I loved them other than that :)

Personally I like the road noise, but my wife didn't. But yeah I ran the 255/75s! I found a hell of a deal for the rims/tires brand new so I bought them up. Honestly I like this look way better. They're meatier, help my gas mileage and I love the white lettering . plus I've never driven in snow before so I need these rather than MTs.
If you're running the BFGs be careful with rub. I rubbed at about a turn and a half. I loved them other than that :)
Thanks for the advice!

2006 EB 4.0 with 140K. Still drives ok.

2006 EB 4x4 with 154K and a 1998 Limited V8 AWD with 208K

see sign for pass Explorers and mileage ive owned

2006 4.6L EB with 216,00 miles on it.

2010 Ford Explorer XLT V8 4x4 103k miles, original owner

Just bought
2010 Ford Explorer XLT AWD 4.0 V6 73k miles

Just bought
2010 Ford Explorer XLT AWD 4.0 V6 73k miles

Just thought it'd be a fun thread
I have a 2007 Ford Explorer XLT with v6. I have 298,310 miles. I bought it as a program car with 25K already on it. IT has been a great Explorer. Its the second one i have owned.

My current daily is an '06 EB with the 4.6, mods are LED interior illumination, an aftermarket radio (previous owner) and then I put in a 12" sub and an 800 watt amp.

My previous driver was a 98 (still have it) 5.0, but it's got over 275K now, still runs good, just wants ball joints, shocks, tie rod ends, and a rebuilt front drive shaft. I'll probably keep it for my oldest boy's first vehicle...he's 10 now. He'll help me fix it a little, maybe refresh the engine...help him to appreciate a vehicle that he helped work on...hopefully.

Before that I had a 97 Mountaineer, with the 5.0 of course. It was worn the hell out when I got it and I used and abused it. It's now a donor for a V8 swap for a ;97 Explorer with a shot 4.0.

That's on the backburner for now, though, unless someone with a trailer and some cash wants a project...

Also have some Mustangs. More on those later

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2010 Mountaineer 4.6l Premier AWD - 235k, spring spacer lift, Jeep rims with x5 spacers/Adapters. pretty stock other than cat-back, replaced intake plastic with alum pipe,

Towing sailboats around the SW with a few trips towing a 24' TT on the great park arch - Zion, Yellowstone, Rainier, St Hellens, Yosemite, GC..

Back