Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

What size speakers do i need for my 93 explorer

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by reko323, June 22, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. reko323

reko323 New Member

Hey guys i just installed a new head unit next i want some new speakers i have some that are i think 6 and a half by 4? woiuld thos fit in the explorer? and if not im looking for like 50 dollars a pair good speakers so if you can recomend the best pair of around 50 dollars a pair speakers that would fit in my explorer that would be great

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. runningred92

runningred92 Active Member

City, State:
    Nashville,TN
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '92 XLT
    anything 5x7 will fit front and rear door so whatever brand you buy is up to you just make sure they are 5x7. I got some pioneer 3 way I think 50 watts for around 69$. Watts will depend on what your head unit is putting out. Most these days are 50w by 4 so 200w. But some are still lower so just dont buy a speaker that requires more than your head unit will put out.

4. LBarr2002

LBarr2002 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Leesville, SC
    '91 XLT 4x4, '92 XLT 4x4
    The factory speakers are actually 6x8 and there's a few companies that make them. I used Pioneer in both of mine.

5. mr cribb

mr cribb US Army Retired Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Harviell, MO
    94 Chevy Z71, 93 X EB
    the cheapest way.... go to a junkyard preferably a u-pull type of junkyard and look for speakers.

I scored 4 jensen speakers almost new for $13.

We Support Our Troops!