• Register Today It's free!

What size tires for 3" Lift?

iHartsuff

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Explorer Sport
Alright, I have a 2 Door 1994 Explorer sport.
All stock.

And I'm thinking a 3" Lift, so my question is..
What size tires should I get for a 3" Lift?
Also, where is the best place to buy tires/rims and where would I find a good price on a lift kit?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

33" tires fit with a 3" really nice!

I had a 91 Sport 2 door and 33" BFG A/T fit great with a 3" lift. I have a 97 EB that I would also love to lift 3", but much harder to do with the IFS front end on the 2nd gens. Trail Master & Superlift both make really good packages for your truck, but someone will reply from experience.

MRD

Go with 33's. What is your gear ratio? Are you planning to do a gear change? If you have 3.27's or even 3.73's you may not be liking life after stepping up to 33's.

craigslist / Ebay

you might keep your eye out on craigslist or ebay. With patience and if you want to take the time you may be lucky like I was and find a "deal" on a lift. I found a 4" Rough Country lift through Craigslist. I would also look for the wheels on craiglist. Tires I recommend finding a "good" local shop, they will typically do better price wise and are great to work with. May even help with alignment if you need it.

Go with 33's. What is your gear ratio? Are you planning to do a gear change? If you have 3.27's or even 3.73's you may not be liking life after stepping up to 33's.

I am planing on putting in a lower gear ratio, and the one I have now is all stock, I'm not sure what that is.
And why would I not be liking life?

33's and higher gearing will kill your power band, your gas mileage, your A4LD transmission if your truck is an automatic, etc.

Back