Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

what... the... hail...

Discussion in 'Exploring everything under the sun!!' started by toypaseo, July 3, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. toypaseo

toypaseo Flunked daycare Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    outside shovelling snow
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    ................ 96 XLT ™
    Been having some hail storms within the last few weeks lately. These are the largest ones I have seen around here though. Explorer was in the garage, since I was waxing it. I pulled the g/f's Accord in when the hail started getting larger. I covered my Paseo's roof with a new moving blanket I "borrowed" from work, and pieces of a Rubbermaid outdoor storage unit that I got for my brother covered the hood and trunk. Still got a few dings from what was not covered. Notice that some of the hail has some clear areas. The ice part is just like a nice rock falling from the sky. Some of the dings in my Paseo are from a past hail storm in the area, but the hail was pea to marble size, almost all were 100% clear, and still making dents even though I was parked under a giant tree hoping for the best.

Weird weather. Rain, pea-size hail, larger hail, icey hail, rain, wind, reported 70mph wind, rain, pea-size hail, more wind and rain...

A small town south east of me got hammered with the same, but they got even larger baseball sized hail...

Dr. Pepper can usage was just a coincidence, and there to show size of hail.

[​IMG]

Sidney, NE has been getting hit lately. Hail twice in one week. Here is a nice sized one found in someone's yard there...

[​IMG]

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. StryctNy9e

StryctNy9e Active Member

City, State:
    Beaverton OR/ hayward CA
    1993 XLT Exploder
    Damn that is some crazy hail, glad I dont get weather like that around here

4. Paraphoe

Paraphoe Go big or go home Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Willow Grove, PA
    '97 XLT
    Wow...that's intense. I hope I never have that at my apartment - nowhere to pull my truck in safely.

We Support Our Troops!