Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

what to do...?

Discussion in 'Exploring everything under the sun!!' started by jared ajlouny, September 28, 2004.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. jared ajlouny

jared ajlouny Active Member

City, State:
    san jose, california
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '95 XLT 4X4
    my neighbor is pissing me off, she left this car (her dads car, her dad isnt here he just drove it down and left) here for over 3 weeks,and 2 of those weeks she was on a cruise. you guys might say...she had to park there...she has a 3 car garage with 2 cars, and a completeely empty drivewya, you also must look where she parker...up to the property line!!!!! wtf?!?!?! any ideas? BTW my house is on the left with the beautiful taco in the driveway
    http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/484000-484999/484638_24_full.jpg
    and this is another angle
    http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/484000-484999/484638_25_full.jpg
    this is what our other neighbor decided to put directly in fron of our driveway
    http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/show_image.pl?

one more thing.....my parents are in italy and this lady always bitches to my parents all the time,. my dad will kill me if i call the police or something, i was thinking about drawuing a line with chaulk on the tires and put the date like the enforcement officers do! once she said that i left outr house once and WAS SPEEDING past her house....if my car could get over 30mph in 10 feet i would be sooo happy!!!!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. EMG7895

EMG7895 Well-Known Member

'91 xlt, 93
    The chalk is a good idea as long as it doesnt rain, but it depends on what lengths you want to go to to get your point across. Why wont you call the cops and tell them is been abandoned?

4. jared ajlouny

City, State:
    san jose, california
    '95 XLT 4X4
    parents :(

5. Robb

Robb Explorer Addict

The idea of calling the police actually entered your mind? Try to bust her for legally parking in front of her own house?

I fail to to understand why this bothers you so much?

6. jared ajlouny

City, State:
    san jose, california
    '95 XLT 4X4
    ummmm, u cant have a car sit for more than a week, and if you look at the picks you will know what im talking about, she has an empty driveway and is doing this to harras us

7. SteveVB

SteveVB Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    04 Rubicon w/stuff
    This is a huge problem. People are always parking on the street. I think street parking should be eliminated. No way anyone with a garage should be allowed to park their vehicle on the street. Thats nuts. :fire:

I think you should spend your free time trying to figure out how to solve this. The suggestions above are decent, but Im not sure it will keep it from happening again- may have to talk to your town council.
    Good Luck :rolleyes:

8. spindlecone

spindlecone B

City, State:
    San Jose, Calif
    2003 sport trac
    Jared did you not make a similar post last month?Chain it up and haul it 4 feet off the curb, say just the front, call the cops, the car will be impounded and cost her a pile of money to get back,simple no?

9. huskyfan23

huskyfan23 Rah no Hans Bwix

City, State:
    WA
    1994 XLT 4x4
    I don't see the problem either, but she should park in her driveway. The sidewalk and everything past isn't your property, just your job to keep safe ;)

10. Broccoli1

Broccoli1 Active Member

City, State:
    Los Angeles CA
    Explorer '93 xlt
    How old are you? 17? You should be the one annoying everyone else :D That's what the teen years are for. You have a Taco and what appears to be a watercraft in the driveway as well as you 'ploder, right? Ignore her & ignore the car; you are WAY too young to be worrying about something like this... hit the beach or the trail and have some fun.

Or you can just give her an old fashion Lawn Job!

11. EBInterceptor

EBInterceptor Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Ada, MI
    '98 Sport
    I've thought many times to just hook up a tow strap and start dragging cars. Dragged my brothers car down a driveway once (he told me to). I was thinking about dragging a car out of my spot behind my building. Drag it out, park in the spot, and call to have it towed. Luckily a manager came out later and had some cars towed for me. I'd love to see the persons face when they wake up and notice their Sunfire magically turned into an Explorer!

12. davesexplorer

davesexplorer Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Central PA
    2001 F350 7.3
    well, just dont let it get out of hand, usually the most annoying, mean, @sshole'ish people have very good lawyers (with the same mind set)..... And this is a "sue everyone else" society we live in....

13. Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp Elite Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Greenville, MI
    98 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD
    I think you need some more hobbies.....

14. Blee1099

Blee1099 Evil Asian EF Vendor Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Elkridge, MD
    The police won't do anything if the vehicle is legally registered. The vehicle isn't considered abandoned or illegally parked since it is legally registered and there is no signs regarding no parking on the street. Just deal with it and don't let it bother you so much.. Its one thing if she obstructs your driveway, you can legally have it towed if the owner refuses to move the vehicle.

15. spindlecone

spindlecone B

City, State:
    San Jose, Calif
    2003 sport trac
    Just do not understand why young folks cannot have real american fun anymore like blowin up the urinals in high school by tossin in a handfull of carbide, give a flush and toss in a match or taking out 50 mail boxes late at night with your dads tow truck, gift wrapping small boxs of Dog S$$t and leaving them on pissy nieghbors porches was great fun and nobody got killed. Oh well, guess times have changed.:)
    Blee, in our town, 14 inches off the curb will get ya towed, the city needs the bucks

16. '96explorereddiebauer

'96explorereddiebauer Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Clemmons, NC
    '06 Honda Accord EX-L
    Hmmm...I fail to understand what is wrong with it. I know it's been parked there for weeks, but the road seems like it's wide enough to accomodate a "parking" lane. Plus, it's parked in front of her property, not yours. Now if they parked their car in front of your property, then I would understand.

Heh...our neighborhood is sooooo ****, it stated in our by-laws saying any watercrafts cannot be parked in the driveway nor the street, it must be parked in the garage. Also, RV's are not allowed in the neighborhood. Parking on the side of the street is also prohibited but no one cared.

17. Flounder

Flounder Owns 10,000 Marbles Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Pennsylvania
    '08 Sport Trac Adrenalin
    Billy,

Although I am not redneck, that kind of neighborhood would be fun to live in for one week. I can see it now...

My mailbox would look something like:

[​IMG]

Christmas lights up all year... Morning strolls to the mailbox half hung over, wearing too small sweatpants on and a gut hanging so far over that it looks like a waterfall of cellulose from my stomach area...

I am one that takes pride in property to a great extent, but if neighbors took offense to my boat being outside overnight or some other anally silly event, I'd go all out for them and make them realize that a boat could be the least of their worries.

18. AspenX

AspenX Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Garland, TX Aspen,Co
    99 EB 4x4,04 Z06 Corvette
    Simple, get a few buddies to help. Lift the back end walk it out to the middle of the street, takes about 10 seconds with 4 guys. :D Front tires against the curb, back end in the street, probably towed by morning. :thumbsup:

19. AspenX

AspenX Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Garland, TX Aspen,Co
    99 EB 4x4,04 Z06 Corvette
    Of course if her house has a fireplace, and you can get on the roof, drop a peice of sandwich ham down it. That will smell real good by the time she gets home.

20. N7XME

N7XME Member

City, State:
    Vancouver, WA
    94 LTD
    I had a similar dispute with my ex-neighbors. They called the cops on me for parking my X in the street. The cops placed a sticker on the window saying it has to move within 48 hours or be towed. Funny part was that the cop put one on every car on the street, including the 2 that the neighbor had.

Turns out that here in town the law says no trailers or boats can be left on the street. It also states that if a car doesn't move at least every 48 hours it will get a notice of towing.

I eventually won the war with the neighbor. He was a trucker and kept parking his truck in front of my house. I checked the law and it's illegal here for a trucker to park on the street in a residential zone. I called the cops and a cruiser showed up with a wrecker. They knocked on the neighbors door and said move it or lose it. He had to rearrange all the junk in his driveway and garage at 11:00 at night to get the truck off the street. We never had problems again and a year later they moved.

21. '96explorereddiebauer

'96explorereddiebauer Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Clemmons, NC
    '06 Honda Accord EX-L
    Haha...I'm with you on that one...

But you know what, Adam? That's one of the reasons why our neighborhood's property value is so high. All the houses in our neighborhood currently start at $275,000. When we bought ours 11 years ago, I think my parents paid $230,000 for it. I really like the rules of the neighborhood to keep the neighborhood clean and organized.