what to look for in a repair shop | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

what to look for in a repair shop

well, I know thats what ford set them to.. but all in all.. thats horrible for a v8.. a v8 should have 200-250hp at the wheels minnimum.. ford doesn't seem to put drivability at the top of their list.

The guy at the shop is a diablo sport chip dealer, he offered a burned/installed chip for $280, promising 12hp at the wheels, I'm thinking the apten is a much better deal he.. only signifigantly :p

so whats that 170 equate to the engine? and if its only (or less than) 210.. then the kkm and flowmaster really didn't do anything as I suspected

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup, it's about 210-215. Remember that your AWD robs a lot of power from the motor.

I hate to agree with Aldive ;) but a trip to the track might not be a bad idea.

its not awd.. its RWD..

I KNOW there isn't a track anywhere nearby heh, that wont be feasible.

hmmm.... sounds like your expectations were just too high. that, i dont understand. i have let several friends drive mine, and none of them thought it was lacking in power. one has a GT with 285 rwhp, and he said for an SUV, mine felt pretty good. keeping up with traffic is never a problem, and WOT is NEVER needed... just used for fun. i think a track run should be next.

also, you have stated that your 0-60 times we around 15 sec. that is WAY, WAY slow. slow for a stock V6. your dyno #'s are about were they should be. so, why is your 0-60 so slow?

you get 10-12 mpg. the worst i EVER got was 13-something, and that was all town, no highway, and just flat out driving the crap out of it. there is no way i could ever get this milage consistantly, as my license just wouldnt be able to take it... some thing else to think about

well, reguardless of what the numbers say (and the fact that he said my tires were 10psi too low.. they were at 22) the truck still feels ridiculously slow to me, and I still use a minnimum of 3k rpm from every take off if no one is in front of me.. I guess that could explain the bad mileage,I do have a lead foot. the 0-60... I have no idea, but I know it was timed right, I mean, there could be error in that mpg figure, but a stopwatch doesn't lie.

I really dont wanna go to a dragstrip, they're all too far away, and I would just most likley find the same figures that any other stock mountaineer/explorer would reach.

None of my friends think my car is slow, my dad and I are about the only ones.

while we were at the dyno, there were 2 guys waiting in line behind me in a civic with a little Vtech deal in it, he had a mis-fire and still pulled 157.2 on his 1st run, not bad I'd say for a little honda.. but they were complimenting me on how nice my car sounded.

the guy found my fuel governor :p 106mph he hit it on the 4th run, it slowed down for a sec then jumped bakc on it and threw out some black smoke heh, I guess it richened up from the whole governor thing.

I just made a post about the superchargers the guy works with.. kenne bell? ever heard of those?

Back