What warranty can I get? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What warranty can I get?

jrguzmanr

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 explorer 4.0
Hi folks,
I have been reading this forum for the last few days as I do my research to make up my mind if it's time to upgrade my current exp (2004 with 130k miles) to a 2012 or 2013 limited. But of course I have some questions:

I found a couple of CPO EXP limited that are over 36k miles and less than 50k. If I understand the CPO warranty, I get a comprehensive warranty for 12 months/12k. Can somebody give me an example of something that wouldn't be covered in the comprehensive warranty? I went through the coverage list and that was pretty extensive (at least for the mechanically challenged as myself).

Is there a ford ESP that I can purchase if the CPO has more than 36k miles?

I found a 2013 limited has 90k miles on it which I'm considering it only because I don't put that many miles on my vehicle (about 7k annually). If this vehicle turns out ok, e.g. only one/two owners, has a service records, passes PIP, etc, would you consider it?

thanks and hopefully I will be joining you soon!

Hi folks,
I have been reading this forum for the last few days as I do my research to make up my mind if it's time to upgrade my current exp (2004 with 130k miles) to a 2012 or 2013 limited. But of course I have some questions:

I found a couple of CPO EXP limited that are over 36k miles and less than 50k. If I understand the CPO warranty, I get a comprehensive warranty for 12 months/12k. Can somebody give me an example of something that wouldn't be covered in the comprehensive warranty? I went through the coverage list and that was pretty extensive (at least for the mechanically challenged as myself).

Is there a ford ESP that I can purchase if the CPO has more than 36k miles?

I found a 2013 limited has 90k miles on it which I'm considering it only because I don't put that many miles on my vehicle (about 7k annually). If this vehicle turns out ok, e.g. only one/two owners, has a service records, passes PIP, etc, would you consider it?

thanks and hopefully I will be joining you soon!
Typically leaks, wind noise, fabric tears (armrest splitting issue), glass and anything normally covered by auto insurance would not be covered. You can buy a Ford ESP at any time but the price you would be paying would be for a 'Used Car' type ESP and therefore higher than the normal ESP price. You can go to the www.ford.com website and check out the Extended Service Plans. The link is near the bottom of the page under 'For Owners'. Check out the Premium Care plan and read the bottom portion of what is not covered. I guess it may be much the dame as the Ford CPO. Tou may be interested in the following thread as well;
https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323161&highlight=ESP

Peter

Back