1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

What Would You Pay For It?

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by Laura69, June 17, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Laura69

Laura69 Member

City, State:
    Elgin, TX!
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2000 Expedition
    Well, friends - the `96 has given up the ghost. I had a valve body put in and it did not fix the ol' bad shift from 1st to 2nd issue so I am fairly confident it is the transmission. Hubby says it's time to stop throwing money at it.

I've got to sell it and someone already expressed interest to me but I have a hard time knowing what its worth with a wonky transmission. I can price it otherwise but...I am not certain how much that adjusts the price and I want to be FAIR and reasonable.

Any advice you guys can offer would be really appreciated. (The good news is I got an Expedition last night - love Ford, stick with `em - as I needed more room, anyway, for the two giant dogs.)

`96 XLT 4WD
    Condition: interior is a good 7 out of 10.
    Exterior is about an 8 - not much in terms of paint/dings just the black trim fading.

Let me know if I can add anything further to aid in pricing. Maintenance was often so it wasn't neglected...Sheesh, I'm getting a little sad about all this. I LOVED that truck, man! Sigh...

OK - thanks, all. You guys were such a tremendous help to me over the years!!!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.