Whats up everyone! Creative suggestions~ | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Whats up everyone! Creative suggestions~

archaicOne53

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLS 4.0L V6
New to the site and love all the forums. I have a '00 White XLS and it is in amazing shape! Just put the new Kenwood DNX6160 iPod/Bluetooth/Navi Double Din inside it with a few small subs (since I am a business man haha)

Now comes the fun part! I have decided after reading all these posts to do a couple more things to the XLS and was hoping for all your explortease! I am debating on the TT since i like a smoother ride but hell how can you pass up lift, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO! Wondering who out there can recommend a great/good cold air intake system for the 2000 XLS 4.0 V6! all windows except the front are tinted. I want to improve the performance since it already looks mint so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The tough guy is coming up to 11 years now and only has 86,000 miles on it! Looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor ;)

Also has a small dent from some drunk guy in college who jumped on my hood and my sister ran into someone turning left and has a dent in the quarter panel and I dont know how to get it out so if anyone can respond to that it would be great! Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I posted a few pics on this thread so you know what your dealing with! haha Thanks and I look forward to moving on with some of your ideas

IMG_0146.jpg

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab281/archaicOne53/IMG_0149.jpg

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab281/archaicOne53/IMG_0147.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OH YEA! if anyone wants me to take pics of the damage on the quarter panel or any other pics of the truck just post it here or send me a message ; )

Looks like a nice truck. Welcome To The Forum!

I appreciate that It's hard to keep them clean with the salt and whatnot in the wonderful Chicago Winter! haha

For the repairs I would recommend takin it to a body shop for some pdr work (paintles dent repair). Our shop usually does them for about 50 per dent. For the performance, I would suggest a performance exhaust. I also recommend the cold air intake but I don't know which to recommend to you!

Back