Wheel Swap - Sport Machined Aluminum for Tarnished or Sport Appearance Package | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheel Swap - Sport Machined Aluminum for Tarnished or Sport Appearance Package

I just bought a 2018 Explorer Sport today and just joined this forum, so thanks to whoever is hosting it! Unfortunately I wasn't able to swing the Explorer I wanted with the wheels I also wanted. My Explorer has the 20" Machined Aluminum with Magnetic-Painted Pockets wheels (see pic). I really want one of the following:

1.) 20" Premium Tarnished Dark-Painted Aluminum
2.) 20" 10-Spoke Magnetic-Painted Aluminum (these wheels are from the XLT Sport Appearance package)

Are there any issues with this swap? I'm guessing not as all wheels are 20x8.5". I searched the forums and haven't found the answer to this question...even looked at the pinned threads.
Thanks again!
-Bryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The wheels should swap out fine.

It’s also not uncommon to swap to the 18s for a better winter tire selection.

My buddy runs Premium Tarnished Dark-Painted Aluminums and they look really nice.

My buddy runs Premium Tarnished Dark-Painted Aluminums and they look really nice.
Good to hear, I finally broke down and bought some 20" Touren TR9's that have a similar look. I just got them and am waiting to have them put on (had to buy some hub-centric rings on my own).

Back