When to expect the release of the Idatalink Maestro MFT1 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

When to expect the release of the Idatalink Maestro MFT1

Chris Washburn

Reaction score
City, State
Spokane, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
Hey guys,
c 2
I am excited that they are finally releasing a kit to replace our Sync 2 head units with aftermarket ones. Anyone heard about when it will be released? here is the kit I am referring too:

iDatalink - Maestro - MFT1

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you asked their Support group?.

Peter

No, but on their forum one of the Idatalink guys said "very soon". There was also a video of a beta kit being installed in an F150 so I wasn't sure if anyone had heard of a release date.

Will this kit have apple car play etc? What is the point of this kit?

Point of the kit is to allow us to replace the MFT radio all together while retaining control over the convenience functions (Climate Control, system settings, etc). I have Sync 2 w/o nav and I would rather add an aftermarket radio then pay a bunch of money just to upgrade to Sync 3 w/Nav.

So for you this will only add the NAV functionality is this correct? It will not add Sync 3 (which everyone with a 2016 year model and lower wants)?

For me this will add the ability to put an aftermarket radio in. This would give me NAV, Talk to Text, Amplifier preouts, time delay, android auto or apple carplay, etc. obviously depends on the head unit I pick. Thing is, with the upgrade to since 3 costing $1000+, even if the kit they are selling is $150, I can still buy a $700 Head unit and pay less. Right now, I am trying to plan out the new system in the sploder and I have to use line output converters for the amp. I could buy a DSP unit that would sum the inputs and then give a clean signal but the headunit method would probably cost roughly the same but give me more functionality./

Back