Where are all the Virginia Explorers?? | Page 41 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where are all the Virginia Explorers??

Keep checking with us over here on the Explorer forums, so we can still meet up and do the GWNF sometime. Also we need to catch up with the CV4WD, Andy and Bobby, for one of there monthly runs at Long Island.
Not to mention a Crozet run in Spring!:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

another one here in lynchburg .. in process of getting parts to start and finish the truck to get out on the trails..once i do that i will look more to getting some of us togather

I just finished rebuilding and installing another trans. I also installed a secondary oil filter for the trans as well. I used a remote filter from a 93 chevy s-10 trailblazer. Cost about 17 bucks to install. The filter head was only 5 bucks. hopefully early next year I will have a tow rig, banking gods willing. :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas (happy holidays, PC) everybody.

I just finished rebuilding and installing another trans. I also installed a secondary oil filter for the trans as well. I used a remote filter from a 93 chevy s-10 trailblazer. Cost about 17 bucks to install. The filter head was only 5 bucks. hopefully early next year I will have a tow rig, banking gods willing. :rolleyes:
O thats excellent,,, good buy,, when u put your Trans, back in,What type and how much fluid do I do?and gasket do I need one(for engine-Tr.)?? Thankyou,-M.

hey all, still around, just been busy up in the never ending land of traffic known as northern va, ,, still have the sport for now, but it's up for sale, and trying to just get down to driving the gulp , colorado,, just bought that when my new ranger got wrecked 2 months ago,, unbelievible that story!! Anytime u all are up for a lunch or dinner let me know!!!!!!!!!!!! HOoters or bwws! happy new year everyone!

just chiming in

Hey guys

I am looking for a trip anytime. second mountain, dry river, Long Island etc Lets pull one together. My place is getting good and sloppy these days with the snow and freeze thaw etc etc. I was up on saturday but damn i forgot the keys to the gate so i had to drive home clean. The river trail should also be falling apart about this time of year.
Andy, i want to talk to you about them zuks next time we get together, i might be looking for a stripped down one to leave in the mountains.

We ought to think hard about a Rausch creek trip in the spring.... i went in october and had a damn good time. Its a long drive but is doable on an extended weekend (drive friday, Wheel saturday, and drive sunday). i have also found some stuff online for Tennessee and NC that i would like to try. keep me informed if you want to do and unwharrie trip as well.

if you local guys want to do some short muddin trips on a saturday or sunday sometime, i am at my Nelson County place working on the shed or something usually one day each weekend so i will always have one of the 4wds with me. i am about 1.5 hours from Richmond. Shoot me a line and we can discuss directions etc.

Im Always Down

im always down for doing something.. i just have to wait a little longer b4 i can do anything .. my truck isnt lifted yet or anything...
but yeah.. what is the main club in VA everyone works with..
Im a student at Liberty University and Im going to try to start a 4 wheeling club here once I get mine lifted and then maybe bring some guys out to some of our events.. however... like i said need some more time...
thanks.. if anyone is in the area and would like to help me put a body lift kit on that would be amazing.. thanks.. so i can get out on the trails sooner.. thanks
ADAM

You don't need a lift, just a sense of adventure I wheeled my truck more when it was stock the I do now. Of course gas was 2 dollars cheaper.

Spike, I may be up for some mudding this weekend. I need to see the new trails.

Feb 9 2008 - CV4WA

Our normal club meeting is Saturday the 9th, I'm sure there will be some wheeling, it's not an event and if nothing else, I'll be there and can walk you through the trails. There is a cost for wheeling there I'd have to check what it is. You can take a stock vehicle (my Zuk is still) or a vehicle on 44s so there's something for everyone, 'cept Rocks :(

hey

hey where are you guys meeting at .. o crap.. i just remembered i have to be at a soccer tournament to referee.. but when can we meet up again..im really trying to get connected with some guys..round the area

yeah im here.. sorry i couldnt meet up this weekend..lets for sure plan for somethign REAL soon again....thanks and really want to know where these trails are..

whoever said f**k va beach is an idiot. theres a bunch of trails there. i've been living in vb for 13 years and theres stuff around there ive seen dodge ram 3500's with 8 inches of lift and 35's get stuck in the mud pits off military hgwy.

Mud pits are not exactly "trails", they're just pits that people go back and forth on. I think what most people are looking for are trails they can ride for a day with some good scenery, hopefully a bit of "technicals" like a rock pile, and so on...

Its not that theres nothing in VA Beach, its that most, if not all is illegal. There might places to go where cops look the other way but that can change in a heartbeat. That happened to me over in P town. Since my job requires me to have a clean record which includes speeding tickets, I don't roll the dice anymore.

whoever said f**k va beach is an idiot. theres a bunch of trails there. i've been living in vb for 13 years and theres stuff around there ive seen dodge ram 3500's with 8 inches of lift and 35's get stuck in the mud pits off military hgwy.

Hahaha...
thats funny,,, Its that "Clay, red clay or indian clay, ive never been so stuck,,
Especially if its heavy, passengers, you jus sink it it

i havent been anywhere in virginia where off-roading is legal...unless you are riding on land that you, or someone you know, -- owns.

as far as trails go....come on. seriously? one of the most populated cities in virginia is va beach, and your looking for empty land? maybe out in pungo you'll find some woods and trails...but good luck trying to see past the no trespassing signs posted on every tree. or take a weekend trip out to lynchburg, blacksburg, charlottesville, front royal, luray, culpepper, lexington, staunton, or even williamsburg.

i know how josh feels, the vb police force has been nice enough to let me go the past three times ive been caught off-roading, but my criminal record can't afford to be any longer than it is. good luck and happy trail riding

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For what it's worth

This weekend the CV4WA is having a benefit ride for someone. Prices are cheap... Really cheap. If you can afford the gas to come out there you can afford to ride. I KNOW it's under $20/vehicle.

I'm leaving Richmond Friday night and camping 'til Sunday. I won't be wheeling 'cause I'm out of wheeling vehicles at the moment. If wanna ride along I have room for at least 1 maybe two if you don't mind sharing the rear seat with my 22 lbs dog.

Back