Where are all the Virginia Explorers?? | Page 42 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where are all the Virginia Explorers??

This weekend the CV4WA is having a benefit ride for someone. Prices are cheap... Really cheap. If you can afford the gas to come out there you can afford to ride. I KNOW it's under $20/vehicle.

I'm leaving Richmond Friday night and camping 'til Sunday. I won't be wheeling 'cause I'm out of wheeling vehicles at the moment. If wanna ride along I have room for at least 1 maybe two if you don't mind sharing the rear seat with my 22 lbs dog.

Your selling your explorer as is, so just put it in low range and leave it in D2:p: Give me a call if you get this tonight. I'm in philly for a day. Wanted to talk about the following weekend. Kirsten might be able to tear herself away from the books to come up if you and the wife are interested.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!
IS anyone still alive on this thread :p

To answer the original thread question: I'm in Washington State.

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!
IS anyone still alive on this thread :p

Still alive, probably, every interested in wheeling... doubtful. :dunno:

Still kicking. Although the Explorer has been retired as a daily driver. I have a new mistress.

Attachments

• DSCF3004.JPG
    DSCF3004.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 248

bawhahahahah, seems like everyone is selling out ,, to the larger side<<< cough cough, andy, and josh,,lol
great looking rides though, guess andy will have a hell of a commute to get back to BWW's,, my treat!??

I am still around.

Andy what are you doing in Wasington state?

I think i heard him all the way in stafford, kicking and screaming!!!!!!! lol

bawhahahahah, seems like everyone is selling out ,, to the larger side<<< cough cough, andy, and josh,,lol
great looking rides though, guess andy will have a hell of a commute to get back to BWW's,, my treat!??

I drove my explorer for the first time in a couple of months and it was a little scary. The steering is all loose. I cant wait to join Andy next year. Once you go out there you won't want to come back. Oregon /Washington is home for me.:D

^^ steering is all lose?? to much trail damage, or just worn out? Andy's got some very nice pics of the scenery out that way,, very nice place to visit, but cant compete w/ richmond! :p

^^ steering is all lose?? to much trail damage, or just worn out? Andy's got some very nice pics of the scenery out that way,, very nice place to visit, but cant compete w/ richmond! :p

No humidity, no hurricane season, no sever thunderstorms, no tornado watches and more places to wheel and camp than you can shake a stick at. I'll take that anyday.:p: I am hoping my job will last long enough for my wife to finish school and then we're outa here. I just need the housing market to pick a little.

As for my truck, its just old. I bought the F250 so I could tow the exploder, but with diesel prices so high I havent really been able to go anywhere.

As for my truck, its just old. I bought the F250 so I could tow the exploder, but with diesel prices so high I havent really been able to go anywhere.

com'on diesel prices are lower here than when I bought mine. Hasn't stopped us!

Im new here, I just bought a new '08 EB yesterday! I can't wait to start improving little things on my Ex. Is anyone here around central VA more specificly the West End, I would like some help installing a few dome lights, license plate lights and some other small things.

Im new here, I just bought a new '08 EB yesterday! I can't wait to start improving little things on my Ex. Is anyone here around central VA more specificly the West End, I would like some help installing a few dome lights, license plate lights and some other small things.
Best group to get involved with is the Central Virginia 4 wheel association in/around Hurt, VA. Those guys are great.

Or, buy a diesel F250 and move to the West Coast! Speaking of witch... JOSH! it's almost been a year!

Its been so long since I've been on here I could remember my password or user ID so I made a new one.

Don't worry you didn't miss much.

BTW Josh, when you moving out this way?

Don't worry you didn't miss much.

BTW Josh, when you moving out this way?

Well Im in the middle east right now. Kirsten is on her last internship and then she wants to study for the board exam. Hopefuly sometime after that. Im thinking next spring. Looking to keep my job with Lockheed and handle the west coast area. Hows about some pics of the new house?

Hows about some pics of the new house?
The weather has been so good we've been spending too much time working outside. I have some pictures online of a few of the projects and the place prior to us moving in on my website. I'll shoot you an email when we get updated pics online.

You coming to the house warming party?

Andy, when is the Party (ha ha).

Bobby, when is the next open wheeling date?

Andy, when is the Party (ha ha).

Haven't set a date, but you'd love the wheel'n out here.

Bobby, when is the next open wheeling date?

Looks like Saturday

http://cv4wa.com/jax_calendar/jax_calendar.php?language=english

Not to answer to Bobby, especially since he's darn near online more than me now, but Bobby traded in his rig for a Harley so he might not be up-to-date with the club as much. But it looks like they are keeping the website up and running.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thinking about selling out

Well Im thinking about getting rid of my truck. Its just taking up space in my garage and might not be worth dragging it across country in the coming year. I was thinking about 2000 with the mods listed below. What do you guys think?

2000 4.0 converted to 91 spec
Dual batteries/1000CCA main battery
Removable Warn 8000lb winch
Pro-M MAF
BBK Throttle Body
BBK Ceramic headers
Comp Cams 410 cam
Rebuilt trans
Superlift 5.5" lift
Superlift super runner radius arms
Front Aussie locker/8.8 LS rear
Warn Manual hub + spare set