where is the separate wire next to the EEC test connector? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

where is the separate wire next to the EEC test connector?

Tom239

Reaction score
City, State
Lone Pine, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer
I want to pull the Check Engine code(s) from my 1994 Explorer.
Threads I've seen here, and Joe Dirt's YouTube video, show how
to place a jumper between one of the EEC connector pins and
another connector on a single wire that's supposed to be nearby.
Problem is, there is no single loose wire nearby on my Explorer,
not even anything that looks like a wire that had broken off.
What am I missing seeing?

I live in a rural area, not close to a Ford dealer, and any help
would be appreciated. Thanks.

This pic shows the EEC connector. The only other single wires
coming out of the harness nearby are black and go to body ground.

18sep13.jpg

Where are you at under the hood in this pic? Over by the radiator overflow? Any chance you are looking at the ABS test connector in this pic(I know my SIL's '93 Ford pulled that trick on me)?

Just in case this is the wrong connector, the EEC test connector + STI single wire is over by the power distribution box (passenger side under the hood), sometimes tucked down in the wiring between the power distribution box and the heater fan.

MrShorty, thanks so much for your help! I found the right connector now, on the passenger side.

Yes, the pic is the area by the radiator overflow. I was looking on that side of the engine compartment because Joe Dirt's video shows him handling a connector on that side. (His Explorer is a different model year than mine.)

My selftest input wire is missing where does lead to so i can use my odb scanner 93 explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0l or what color is it and where does it go to

Back