Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Where to buy a hood already painted

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by myrrh, July 22, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. myrrh

myrrh New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      02 Limited
      I have a 2002 Limited that suffered extensive hail damage in May. Due to the volume of hail-damage repairs in my area and the extent of damage to my particular vehicle, I cannot get it into the body shop until February, 2012.

I'm not in all that much of a hurry, but if I could just get a replacement hood in the meantime, I could replace it myself and that would take care of a large portion of the damage that's easily visible from a normal vantage point.

Suggestions, please, on whether I can get a hood already painted in my color - and if so, recommendations as to where?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. BrianDye

BrianDye I'll have another...

City, State:
      Monroe, MI
      2006 XLT
      A junkyards your best bet...I looked and looked for one for my pearl white limited, and could not find one. A local cheap shop wanted 400$ + to paint a hood. I had to make a 2 hour drive but found one and only paid 50 bucks for it.

4. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Explorer Addict

07 Camry
      try www.car-part.com and run a quick your-choice-of-radius search, it will pull up hoods, list colors, and where they are/distances for those junkyards...