1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Where to find Lift Spindles??

Discussion in 'Modified 1995-2001 Explorers' started by xploder98, July 1, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. xploder98

xploder98 Active Member

City, State:
    Hemet, Ca
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1998 Saleen xp8 #27
    What's up everyone. First post in a few months, I'm wantin to lift the xploder a bit. I'm thinkin 3" Lift Spindles in the front and AAL's in the back. And eventually 1.5" wheel spacers all around, but that's later down the road :) right now I'm wantin the spindles and add a leafs. I've found the AAL's easy enough but I'm havin trouble findin lift spindles for my year and model. If anyone knows a few places it's appreciated. Mine is a 98 explorer sport 2dr v6 ohv 2wd, 5 speed :)

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. ramren16

ramren16 Active Member

City, State:
    greeley, CO
    01 explorer sport
    you wont find spindles if you look up you year, make, model, you haved to get ranger edge spindles

4. shooterdude199

shooterdude199 Active Member

City, State:
    Irmo, South Carolina
    01 Sport Trac
    Fabtech and doetcshe sells them and like he said above it is for a ranger edge.

5. xploder98

xploder98 Active Member

City, State:
    Hemet, Ca
    1998 Saleen xp8 #27
    found em on ebay. The kit is made by Lift USA and comes with 3" lift spindles and AAL's or 2" shackles for 399.00. Don't sound bad to me :) I'm also thinkin of doin a few things performance wise also. I already have an open (cone) filter and 4" Eldebrock AF Adapter. I'm thinkin of gutting the exhaust. (One or both Cats) and/or getting a new muffler. Any other suggestions for easy mods with decent power gains? Inside my 98 xploder sport 2wd 2dr is the damn near stock 4.0 v6 ohv that I think could use a lot more power :)

6. shooterdude199

City, State:
    Irmo, South Carolina
    01 Sport Trac
    Efan, pulley or a programmer will give you the most substantial amount of hp.i shouldn't even say it makes hp it just frees up lost hp. Without spending money there really isn't much you can do.

7. Chasethexplorer

Chasethexplorer Active Member

City, State:
    Austin, Texas
    99 Explorer Sport
    I have a 99 2wd sport that I am looking to also do spindles, I have already done TT, shackles, and 32's. To get the power back from the 32's I got a High flow air filter, No muffler, so dual exhaust dumped under cab, and tunes from henson and it has a hell of alot more power than it did before the tires.

8. xploder98

xploder98 Active Member

City, State:
    Hemet, Ca
    1998 Saleen xp8 #27
    ShooterDude- What do you mean an EFAN? And specifically which Pulley or Programmer?

9. shooterdude199

City, State:
    Irmo, South Carolina
    01 Sport Trac
    Convert the mechanical fan to an electric fan and an underdrive pulley. Use the search bar and search those terms and should come up with some great writeups with how to do these things.

10. SkyJumper

SkyJumper DISABLED AIRBORNE VET Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    SW Florida
    1999 Expedition XLT 4x4
    I would suggest staying away from gutting your cats. I did this back in 2003 on mine and about 100 miles later, I started getting O2 CEL's constantly. And you do lose back pressure which is a essential ingredient to higher torque curves. And you gain nothing from it. Just buy a hi-flo cat to put on it.

11. xploder98

xploder98 Active Member

City, State:
    Hemet, Ca
    1998 Saleen xp8 #27
    Thanks for the tip. I'm real picky about exhausts and mufflers. I hate the rice burner sound and I really like that trophy truck sound but I know I can't get it without 700+ hp :) I've heard borla makes a nice muffler

We Support Our Troops!