Where to get center pin for mt Ex leafs? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to get center pin for mt Ex leafs?

ragajungle

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
89 BroncoII & 05 Taurus
I looked at all my usual places (jeffs bronco graveyard, stengle bros) and cant find em.... I have leafs from a gen 1 explorer on my b2 and I mangled the center pins... I need a set so I can get the beast aligned before snow hits.
Thanks,
Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you tried a local spring shop? Maybe in Milwaukee,or Chicago, and contact them by phone or online.

Some of the NAPA stores, and other parts stores that deal with a lot of commercial accounts will be able to get such parts.

Otherwise a spring shop is definitely your best bet.

Those bolts from Palatine seem a little long at 2.5-3.5 for the regular head spring bolts, but maybe not.

They also have a pretty good deal on Explorer shackles, $52.95 for a pair with bolts and free shipping. Nice.

I've dealt with Eaton Detroit Spring for some such parts that weren't easily located elsewhere.

www.eatonsprings.com

Just use a grade 8 bolt.

Just use a grade 8 bolt.

I left the OEM one in there and should have "flipped" the center bolt because Explorer and B2 are reversed. I'm a slacker I guess. But never had an issue till I got my lift blocks on. I wound up grinding down the the bolt head so it would fit in the tight space provided in lift block. I don't think any bolt head or nut will fit in the block without grinding.

Turdle: I checked out the web site, they don't list anything there only spring eye bolts... I'll call them to ask, but it's too late now - som maybe monday - I appreciate the direction.

You could find a set pretty easily in a junk yard.

I left the OEM one in there and should have "flipped" the center bolt because Explorer and B2 are reversed. I'm a slacker I guess. But never had an issue till I got my lift blocks on. I wound up grinding down the the bolt head so it would fit in the tight space provided in lift block. I don't think any bolt head or nut will fit in the block without grinding.

Turdle: I checked out the web site, they don't list anything there only spring eye bolts... I'll call them to ask, but it's too late now - som maybe monday - I appreciate the direction.

They have them. That is where I got all the parts to make my hybrid leafs.

When I swapped in Explorer leafs into my Ranger, I had to swap the pin. Bought the pin from NAPA with an accompanying nut, installed the pin in the leafs, and cut off the excess at the bolt.

Don't have a pic of the otherside, but it's a "genuine" centering pin.

RtELs5.jpg

Back