where would be a good place to mount the factory rearview camera? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

where would be a good place to mount the factory rearview camera?

rusty813

Reaction score
City, State
Private
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
I want to add the factory rearview camera to my nav, but I dont want to drill any holes as well...I was wondering where would be a good place to mount it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the backup camera for my dodge dually went good on a modified license plate frame,,, unobtrusive, almost invisible, and helps backint to that trailer,

the backup camera for my dodge dually went good on a modified license plate frame,,, unobtrusive, almost invisible, and helps backint to that trailer,

Have you thought about adding one to your Sport? I am shopping around for one, and I'm trying to find the best place to mount a camera...I really don't like the looks of the license plate mounted ones. My main purpose for wanting this is also to assist for trailer backing, so I would like it to be adjustable, where I can fix it on my ball when needed. I just put chrome XLT bumpers on my 98 Sport, and don't want to scratch them...I had thought maybe to mount one in the bumper ball hole. This would give me a good view of the ball on my hitch, but I'm thinking it would be to low for everyday use...any thoughts?...Anyone reading this, please chime in.

i added a camera to a trouble light clampmm can add it to any car or truck and move it where needed, clamp to tailgate or window bumper, whatever,,

i added a camera to a trouble light clampmm can add it to any car or truck and move it where needed, clamp to tailgate or window bumper, whatever,,

Good idea...but I like the idea of something a little less inconspicuous, and more permanent.

i did this one just for trailor hooks because i cant always get smoeone to help me and i take it down when hooked, so conspicious isnt an issue,, i think your goung to have a hard time getting inconspicious, usefull and movable but im interested in what u do

i did this one just for trailor hooks because i cant always get smoeone to help me and i take it down when hooked, so conspicious isnt an issue,, i think your goung to have a hard time getting inconspicious, usefull and movable but im interested in what u do

I noticed that most monitors have 2 video in...thinking I could do 2 cameras. One for every day use, and one fixed on my trailer ball. They seem cheap enough on ebay... Just a thought.

i thought about getting the lockpick kit for my 08. i looked on ebay and have seen cameras that are built in to the license plate light. they plug right in. the only thing is to find the one that fits the hole. i believe the the ford mondeo/ fiesta might work. also, i saw some that are in the ford emblem. good luck.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of 2 cameras, one bumper mounted, and one wireless mounted on my roof basket for a higher view...maybe on a swivel so I can see behind me or in front of me. I might be able to see what's holding up traffic...lol.

Back