Which brand of tires do you run | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which brand of tires do you run

Which brand of tires are you running

• BFGoodrich

Votes: 226 27.6%
  • Interco

Votes: 27 3.3%
  • Mickey Thompson

Votes: 11 1.3%
  • GoodYear

Votes: 130 15.9%
  • Pro Comp

Votes: 26 3.2%
  • Firestone

Votes: 33 4.0%
  • Bridgestone

Votes: 52 6.3%
  • Michelin

Votes: 116 14.1%
  • Pirelli Scorpion

Votes: 45 5.5%
  • Other

Votes: 154 18.8%

• Total voters

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i got them with the car i did 20000k with the firestones then i took it to get serviced and they put these on it when they were out im sure i will be asking yas what to put on next.how much air do yous use i put 40psi

When I first found this thread a long time ago I was running Michelins. I'm now running BF Goodrich.

If any mods actually cared, they could change a vote :)

I'm now running Michelin Cross-Terrain tires. Came stock on my new X.

I just got a set of Michelin Cross Terrains to replace my General Ameri-660s. I put two on yesterday, and the other two will go on tonight after work....when I'm allowed to use the shop for personal projects.

Those Generals were absolute crap in any road conditions. Hopefully the new tires will do better. I have read alot of good things about them and almost no negative comments.

well swapped out the Remington Mud Brute for some Pro-Comp A/T's and have been extremely happy, just wish I could got the M/T's, but next time.

:chug: :chug:

General xp2000. 265/70R15 for $595 mounted, balanced and installed for 5 tires.

nitto's

Wrangler RT/S tires for me. I like them just as much as the BFG Long Trails I had on my Ranger...very smooth ride, good wear, and decent all around traction. I know...they're nothing radical.

Kelly Safari SUV's

For now until I lift it then who know's?:confused:

Well, I've had my new Michelins Cross Terrains on for a few days now, and I have to say they're 100x better than the Generals I had before. They don't slide around in the rain at all and they handle pretty well on dry pavement too (no more drifting through turns). Now let's see how long they last.

I paid $599 total for 4 tires/shipping/mounting/balancing. Actually, the mounting/balancing was done by me for free.

I am running right now 30x9.50 Yokohama Geolander AT+II's. I like em on road because of the softness but they wear fast on dirt roads or really rough roads. Right now they have about 15,000 miles on them and with the roads I drive I will probably only get about 5,000-8,000 more miles from them. After that I am going with 32x11.50 Mud kings from 4wheelparts. Hopefully these will last a little longer. :)

I run on "A reputation you can ride on, BIG O tires"

Originally posted by Joey p.
I am running right now 30x9.50 Yokohama Geolander AT+II's. I like em on road because of the softness but they wear fast on dirt roads or really rough roads. Right now they have about 15,000 miles on them and with the roads I drive I will probably only get about 5,000-8,000 more miles from them. After that I am going with 32x11.50 Mud kings from 4wheelparts. Hopefully these will last a little longer. :)

Okay I actually went with 32X11.50 sport kings from 4 wheelparts. I am very impressed with them so far. Nice ride on the road, good traction off road and they look like they will last quite a while. (I hope so after my Yokos:rolleyes: )

Toyo for me, only the best will do!!!

Attachments

• web truck 060.jpg
    web truck 060.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 361

BFG long trail

Yoko Geolandar M/T
amazing tread and traction off-road through the sloppy stuff, just wish they werent so damn soft, and had better wear- 15k miles and halfway through the tread :(
the new dueler m/t's with uni-t look pretty damn sweet. i may be gettin a set of 32s to go with a BL in the near future :D

Well I went to my local Bridgestone dealer to buy the Revos.....they aren't available in Puerto Rico.

So he recommended the Toyos (photo in post above).

I must say I am quite pleased....they're great

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm Happy with Michelin Cross-terrains

Back