which wax | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

which wax

What wax would make a 95 green explorer, it has a gloss paint job, shine the most, it has potential, but its just not happenin, i have everything on the car but the paint shinning to its fullest, so which wax would make it shine the best, and also hold up against the elements

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Klasse or Zaino. They shine great and last at least 6 months but they're expensive. Klasse twins (All-In-One and Sealent Gloss) package from CMA cost $40 and Zaino...when you order the things you need, it could cost up to $70 or $80. Hope this helps.

is there a certain kind, becuase i know mothers has cleaner wax, and regular wax, what kind ofklasse or zaino would you get?

For the price Meguars Gold Class can not be beat. But for the best over all quality Zaino , but you pay for it.

i have always used #26 Meguairs Professional Series, it is AWESOME. Fair price and just plain good stuff...

I used some green color cure on my green '91 X. Worked good for me.

I use Klasse and top with S100. If you've heard of what P21S is, then S100 is for the motorcycles but they're the exact same thing but S100 costs $15 instead of $25. I have #26 and S100 in comparason before and S100 won hands down. The depth is nicer than #26 but durability isn't as good. Well, then again, they're both canauba, they'll be gone in a few weeks anyway so that's why I use Klasse. It's a synthetic, polymer based so it'll give ya the durability. I used to wax my truck every month but now, I just QD after every wash and wax every 6 months. It's great!!

When I wax my truck, it'll take me the whole day...literally. I dawn wash my truck first (1 hour), then clay (2 hours), dawn wash again (1 hour), one coat of Klasse AIO (2 hours), one coat of Klasse SG (1 hour), wait 2 or 3 hours, that's when I usually detail my interior, removing SG (1 hour, more if it hazes), wait 24 hours for it to cure, then add another coat of SG (1 hour), remove 2 or 3 hours later, then repeat the process 4 more times (wash the car before each time I layer the SG, 1 hour) . After layering the SG, I use S100 topper and lay a coat of that on (2 1/2 hours).

So...total time needed:

First day: 11 hours
Second day: 3 hours
S100 topper: 3 1/2 hours

So a grand total of: 24 1/2 hours spread over the week. Can I earn an award for being a detailing nut??

I put a coat of color cure from Turtle Wax on then use Mothers cleaner wax. The shine and feel is unbelievable. Mothers alone is great but my hood was a little dull so I used the color cure then Mothers and it looks great. So that would be my opinion.

Zymol polish is great on bringing back your color and shine, it is a two-three step process but it works. Because it is just a polish you have to wax your X again after you have polished to set it in. But if you really want to keep up your paint try www.griotsgarage.com products, they cant be beat. You will never buy anything else again.

Back