White limited ex-no allocation | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

White limited ex-no allocation

MDLoder

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Limited
More than a little peeved with Fords allocation for dealerships. We live in an isolated community up north. Other than the local dealership, the closest ford dealership is more than 500km away. Since the transmission went for a nose dive in our 2008 ford escape with only less than 70,000 km we decided to purchase a new vehicle and was really excited for the ford explorer. The local dealership had only one available and it was not what we wanted. We decided to do a custom order, our first. It was really fustrating to see others on this forum who had ordered the same day already have a vin while we are still waiting. Our local dealership has no allocation so we could be waiting a very long time before we even receive a vin. The local dealer who is fantastic looked as far as Montreal and we did not find anything that we liked. If we are going to spend 52,000 for a vehicle we would like to have it exactly the way we wanted. Why are custom orders still part of the allocation process for dealerships??? We have decided to give it two more weeks. If no vin by then, then we will make a decision. I know complaining here won't make a difference but I expected more from ford customer service for this amount of money? I love ford but seriously considering walking across the street to GM.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm no expert, but that doesn't make sense to me. You ordered the vehicle, why would the dealership need to have allocation? If you were looking to buy one off the lot, they may not be allocated to order one for dealer stock, but with a customer order, it doesn't make sense.

If you have an order number, PM FordService and Crystal might be able to help you out.

Yes I feel your frustration, I suffered the same issues before I got educated on dealer allocation and dealer build slots.

I ordered 14 Sport full load Sept 13th and it was entered into the system same day.

No VIN for 2 months while I watched others order and get VIN's within a week.

Finally got a VIN at the end of November and build date of December 5th

Due to Xmas holidays and train delays I saw delivery on January 9th, almost a 17 week process.

If I order again I will be asking about allocation before I place the order.

I wouldn't be so anxious if my vehicle was functional. Transmission went Christmas. Hopefully we won't have to wait as long as 17 weeks.

Got our vin today. Hoping for the window sticker and ETA soon.

Finally here

This is the time line of our order

Jan 20th, order placed
Feb 20th, received VIN
March 9th, window sticker available
March 15th, build date
March 17th, build date complete awaiting shipping
ETA scheduled for April 6th
ETA changed to April, 12th
ETA changed to April 16th
It did arrive on April 16th even though the ETA stated April 19th.
Picking it up today April 21st. 3 months wait time because dealer had no allocation.

Back