White Smoke | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

White Smoke

BabyRae

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Ford Explorer Sport
Hey guys. So I'm low key freaking out right now and seriously frustrated. My engine was smoking pretty bad only when I turned it off and I was leaking coolant. It wasn't a steady leak. I could go three weeks without losing a drope then lose over half a gallon in a night. I don't know what the deal is. I replaced my upper radiator hose and my uncle checked my bottom one and said it was really good and didn't need changed.

Today I get home and I'm smoking still. But it's not exactly the same like not from the same spot and I have no idea what to do or where to look or how to figure this out. I can't afford to just get a new radiator. I mean if I have to then I understand.

And yeah let's just be clear I know next to diddly squat about cars. I want to know but I didn't have anyone to teach me but I'm learning as I go now.

Welcome to the forum. The white smoke is from the coolant getting on the exhaust. Most likely source of the leak is the front of the engine. Thermostat housing or around the water pump are possibilities, the engine fan could blow the coolant back onto the exhaust.

Back