Who lives in Illinois? | Page 37 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who lives in Illinois?

trader... :)

good to hear the guys are coming out of the woods - would love to get together once I make a trip "home"...

I'm still behind a wheel of my Un-Limited - getting ready to drop it to four inches of lift since it's my daily driver.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I live in buffalo grove

and have a 97 sport 4.0 sohc.... It has 156000 miles on her... purrs like a pussy cat...just did the control arm replacement...Kudos to Spring align in palatine.. they did a fine job on the alignment and some extra tech help that I needed! The thread on here walked me and a friend through the replacement...and I have passed it along to another x owner who will be doing the same shortly!..... I need to find rocker panels and some nerf bars that bolt to the frame...not the pinchweld like the oem ones.....any suggestions???

im from illinois Southside of chicago Glenwood even rockin chicago white sox in the back window:cool:

Go cubs!!!

Echo.... anyone still left in Illinois??

Oh Yeah. And every winter I wonder why....

Still around, still explorerless.

I'm from Wisconsin but I'm always in Illinois... Does that count? lol. I'm just curious guys if you know of any near by off roading trails or what not. They don't have to b crazy like the pipeline. Just something to do if I'm bored some night. I know of one place in brown deer but i'm pretty sure it's illegal to go back there.

I'm from Wisconsin but I'm always in Illinois... Does that count? lol. I'm just curious guys if you know of any near by off roading trails or what not. They don't have to b crazy like the pipeline. Just something to do if I'm bored some night. I know of one place in brown deer but i'm pretty sure it's illegal to go back there.

As far as i know this is the only legal place in Northern Illinois to wheel with a truck. There are other places, but they are atv/motorcycle only.

IMG_1505.jpg

22646DSC05303.jpg

22646DSC05329.jpg

Yeah I saw that place and it looks promising. I have a 2001 Explorer sport with a TT and Shackles with a heavy duty set of leaf springs with an add a leaf. I'm running 31's right now but not for long. I just picked up new rims and tires off of craigslist to see if i like 32's instead of going 33's.

But anyways, how often do you go to the cliffs? I got a buddy with a lifted zr2 that wants to come with us. Otherwise we've been trying to plan a trip to the pipeline with some GM lifted suv's but i'm trying to gather some troops to represent the fords lol.

I'm mainly just trying to find a place (legal or not lol) to go off roading if i'm bored on the weekend or something.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueler? Bueler?

i'd love to hit the pipeline some time. never been there. I'm still looking for a trailer though.

anybody want a 4.10 front differential for their explorer? will fit 95-01 2nd gen. non vac disconnect. probably fits in 01 and up sports and sport tracs too, but you'll have to confirm that. $30, come and get it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back