Votes: 83 18.9%
  • Have done it once or twice

Votes: 224 51.1%
  • Sleep there every camping trip

Votes: 97 22.1%
  • It's the only place I have to sleep

Votes: 21 4.8%

• Total voters
I have only taken naps in the front seat between classes. I love camping but I always sleep in a tent. Although I don't have a tent anymore...I might just have to sleep in my X next time I go camping.

A question to you guys...When you camp out in your X, do you stay at a campsite like a state park or the such...or just a random place in the wilderness?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

every day at work

with 3 kids, i can't sleep in at home, they stay up later then i want, so i am always tired. i take a nap every day at work. under a tree, under a parking deck and in the winter i sleep in the sun.
does driving with your eyes closed at 6 am count as well, then add that at least 3 or 4 times a week.

there are places to stay in the EX at night, but if you are close to a trail, pull way off the trail, even though no one here would stay up late, drinking, and driving the trails.....

Me and my friend drove down to Panama City beach for spring break with nothing but a cooler of beer and a bag of clothes. We lived out of the explorer for a whole week. best trip of my life.

i sleep in mine when up at silverlake. i'm six foot four and have no problems sleeping with the rear seats down. well besides the time that i had two bottles of oil that exploded all over the back and i had to sleep in the front seat. that was a pain.

I have slept in the ex many times with and without company LoL

Ive woken up in my ex but i never really have intended to sleep in it. lol, i was just laying across the back seat with a jacket under my head. kinda squished, wouldve been better with the seat folded down.

Me an My Girlfriend went to an Anime convention and our hotel people ditched us... So we put down the seats and layed across the back in the arking lot with only our coats. This was in Early March in Ohio.... burrrrrr Used 3 gallons to keep warm and woke up with very soar parts. We'll bring a foam pad or something close next time, but the room wasn't so bad considering we're both 6' with athletic builds.
92 4-door EB with a half ass tail gate that never closes all the way.

We may do it again with better preperations.

When I was single and childless, I bought this truck specifically so I could sleep in the back when I wanted to.. I made a side-by-side 2 piece mattress out of big, thick foam rubber sections, and trimmed to fit over the wheel wells. When I moved from Seattle to Raleigh, NC I doubled up the mattress on the bigger side, and slept with loads of stuff wedged in the back - sometimes in rest areas off the interstates, sometimes in more secluded, quiet areas.

Doesn't happen anymore, though... family life can put a damper on serious explorations ...

Took a road trip to pickup a kid from the hospital, wasn't released as quick as we thought he would be, she slept in the hospital chair while i set up his bed for the trip back. air mattress, pillow, a/c very nice. btw, the kid is 6"2".:eek:

Have twice, once after new years party figured wasn't a good idea to drive ;) and at one them cancer relays a month or so ago me an my woman slept in there but being I'm near 6ft its hard for me to do, I'm thinkin of making a fold up platform for the back so it sits above the seats how the bottom of the rear seats stick up then I could sleep better that way. Then when we go out or take a nice road trip we have a place to sleep I dont like hotel/motels or anything really. Plus thinking of maybe taking a road trip to Fl. in a couple months for something to do and that platform idea would be perfect just gotta get her to learn to drive stick better.

I take a 60 minute nap every night I work, from 12 - 1 AM.

I use the front seat though.

I just wish the seat reclined FLAT like in all my previous cars.

I use a "Trucker's Timer" 108db Alarm to wake me up.

It also wakes up or startles anyone within a 6 car radius.

done it when i wasnt fit to drive, not the most comfortable way to sleep. im 6'2" so i just folded the back seats down and stretched out back there.

I've slept in the drivers, passenger's, and the rear for all sorts of reasons...
- camping
- tired after rock gigs, I'd sleep in front of the other guitarist's house before heading home so I'd drive safer
- trips home as a kid
- rides to school as a teenager
- napping after work some evenings when I'm really tired

I do it everytime I camp. Nothings better. That will be the only downfall to having a full cage, may be a little cramped:(

Every hunting trip,its better than any tent:thumbsup:

if you check out the sexiest woman alive thread, you'll see a girl in post number 228, who actually preffered the back of the old ex to the bedroom......she's a keeper......

I have many times, wife gets spooked sleeping in a tent now after on several occasions a very large animal (bear) came sniffing at the tent.

Linville_Gorge_030.jpg

Linville_Gorge_028.jpg

Linville_Gorge_032.jpg

Linville_Gorge_081.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

for the past 2 months fridays and saterdays are drunkin camping nights.fold down back seats and add a sleepin bag or 2 and i am done. oh yea can hold bout 3 people meqans fun nights :thumbsup::cool:

Back